KernelEx - Call for support

I can compile it successfully and test it (otherwise I wouldn't even improve KernelEx lol).

As COMPILE.TXT says, you will need Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 SP6 to compile.

It also says you need Microsoft Windows 98 Driver Development Kit (DDK) and NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System).

Like I said, these are tools one must learn, to do things correctly or it might cause problems with the system.

You haven't been on the scene in a while. What do you expect, people to chase you down when you don't want to be found. You abandoned your project that was originally created by LLXX regardless if you rewrote it from scratch. She was and will always be the founder, like it or not. You chose to quit, now you want the praise. Sit your young @$$ down and develop for Win 7 and Win 8 because you are not worthy to speak on Win9x.

Say hello to LLXX. Rule #7.b

Just to clarify and clean my name. LLXX didn't influence my work. Ever. And I didn't base my code on any code originating from her.

For those who don't remember, the original idea for KernelEX came in 2005 from a small Portuguese project called Win98updt0001 (http://rwinds.no-ip.org/file/win98updt0001.zip) which implemented three API functions in just a few lines of assembly and my urge to run Need For Speed Most Wanted under Windows 98. Based on the success I expanded the code into first Kernel Update Project, then early KernelEx and what evolved into current KernelEx series in 2009.

All of the work was done by my and Tihiy's research, some parts were borrowed from Wine project.

You have absolutely no right to insult me and call me a thief because you clearly don't know the history and basic facts!

Having that said, share with us, Hu$tle, what was your contribution to Win9x scene?

This just ensures me that I did a good thing by leaving the 9x scene. People are so angry and disrespectful for your work that it's actually a pain to read all that stuff. You got all the system enhancements for free and open sourced and I never asked for money. What do I get in return? Swears, disrespect. And all that not for the first time...

What I've learned is that people shouldn't receive anything for free because then they don't respect the stuff they get.

Sad but true.

This just ensures me that I did a good thing by leaving the 9x scene. People are so angry and disrespectful for your work that it's actually a pain to read all that stuff. You got all the system enhancements for free and open sourced and I never asked for money. What do I get in return? Swears, disrespect. And all that not for the first time...

What I've learned is that people shouldn't receive anything for free because then they don't respect the stuff they get.

Sad but true.

I can assure you that people like Hu$tle do not speak for me, or the greater part of this community.

There's always going to be some immature id!ot who thinks you have nothing better to do than sit around and worry about what they want. For every one like him, I'll bet there are ten happy users out there who respect you and appreciate your work. :thumbup

Sad but true.

There will always be people like Hu$tle. All people have fans and haters. You should just ignore the haters, and focus on the people that are showing respect towards your work. I honestly think you have done great with KernelEx all these years and many of us are very happy with your work. I just have to say, thank you for everything.

Edited by coolman

Sad but true.

Hi Xeno86, as you can see this person was thankfully banned immediately by the mods !! And I hope that you still will be interested to assist Leyok a little bit in starting improving KernelEx.

And thank you very much for this amazing app !!!

Sad but true.

Don't think for a second that because an as***** posts garbage like that this reflects the general attitude around here concerning your wonderfull gift to the 98/ME community which I personally cannot be thankfull enough for.

It's a bit sad however that you seem so bitter about such rare and isolated events that you're glad of having left us... I am sure you've received more kudos, thanks and praise around here than swears and disrespect by a large proportion.

We love you, you and what you've done for this community, xeno, no mistake about it. :wub:

:hello:

Xeno, I'm very much sure that majority of members here have greatly appreciated the incredible effort you've put into KeX project. :thumbup

And I hope that you still will be interested to assist Leyok a little bit in starting improving KernelEx.

I hope so too!

• 2 weeks later...

As the second part of KernelEx brain, I fully support Leyok and applaud to his effort.

I wish all the scattered work around the board with KernelEx extensions would be merged into new version.

If you need my guidance about API and compatibility, feel free to contact me.