Epson printers that are compatible with Win98SE

aru

I would like to know if anyone has tried using any Epson printer that is being currently sold on Win98SE.

For example, the S22 does it work? And the P50?

In the Epson web site there aren't drivers for these printers but maybe changing some .Inf files of previous models with some previous drivers...

aru

I think the best bet is to modify the .inf for USB connection provided for 98SE for the Stylus C-83 (you can get it from Epson Australia). The C-83 is able to connect either through a conventional Parallel Port or through USB (I think it's one of the last printers that is able to do so), but its production was discontinued some years ago.

I made a post about the Epson Stylus C88+ in the Compatible Hardware with Windows 9x thread last September, post #125. It was the only active-lineup printer I can find that supports Windows 98 SE/ME. Epson has finally dropped the C88+ from the product line around December, so that is it. There are still sufficient quantities in circulation, so if you need a printer, now is the time to get it.

I made a post about the Epson Stylus C88+ in the Compatible Hardware with Windows 9x thread last September, post #125. It was the only active-lineup printer I can find that supports Windows 98 SE/ME. Epson has finally dropped the C88+ from the product line around December, so that is it. There are still sufficient quantities in circulation, so if you need a printer, now is the time to get it.

Google "Epson Stylus C88+" and you'll find lots of stores selling new ones including Amazon and Epson USA. I just bought one from the latter; it was the cheapest at $84.99 (free shipping in the U.S.).