Reinstall MS Office - error 1935

optiontips

I have Vista SP2 and cannot reinstall MS Office 2007. When I try I receive an "Error 1935 an error occured during the installation of assembly componenet {66332632-9C28-58B1-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E} HRESULT 0x800736FD".

Prior to this, I had several system crashes and did a repair install of Vista. Shortly after the repair install, my MS office shortcuts would no longer open the programs, nor clicking on the exe file in the program file, nor clickin on a file that used the program. They all reported that the program was not available, although it clearly was still on the C drive and in the Uninstall window on the control panel.

So I removed the MS Office and then tried to reinstall it but the reinstall did not work as noted above. I have spend 2 full days now working on this, searching the Internet, and trying the few items I found, but no no avail. This included:

1. Running Uniblue Registry Booster

2. Uninstalling .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

3. Reinstalling .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

4. Using several MS Mr. Fixit repair tools, including one specifically listed for fixing the 1935 error code.

5. Running system file check (sfc) scan that reported no issues

6. Using Computer Management to turn on Windows Installer service.

One specifc question I have is that one suggestion on an old post seemed to indicate the need to install .Net Framework 1.0 and 1.0 in addition to 3.5. Is it necessary or helpful to install all three versions?

How can I reinstall MS Office short of doing a fresh reinstall of Vista? I would like to avoid that to avoid issues of drivers and reloading all my software and settings, especially if I have no guarantee it will fix the problem.

There is a topic related to Microsoft Office Error 1935 in Windows Vista on the Microsoft Answers site.

Also,

From the Microsoft Support site:

Error message when you try to install an Office program: "Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component":

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

Edited by UltimateSilence