MS Office2003 -Unattended.MST not working

kali

I want to make Office2003 nlite addon for xp. I copied office2003 in F:\Customize XP\$OEM$\$1\Office2003 following msfn link. I didn't add update here. Then I made Unattended.MST following msfn link. I added my profile.OPS in Unattended.MST.

Finally I tried applying the command below in both my virtual and host pc. It works fine with all my settings.

start /wait setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

When I added it in my customize XP, In last 13 minutes ago my Office starts setup and stops setup progress again while applying configuration. Without no massage setup progress goes back like below. What is my fault?

Office%2520Installation.gif

Svcpack installation will not work. Need to Install via RunOnceEx or GUIRunOnce

Regards

Thanks Geej. I expected your help.

I tested your advice. It works fine. But I wanted to add it as a hot fix like other software. No way?

There have been posts on how to make an Office 2003 add-on, but I personally haven't tried them. One of the reasons is that you will end up with quite a large add-on, which has to be unpacked, and then installed, which takes a lot of time (if not during Windows install, then during nLite disk creation). I have always done through RunOnce by making Office unattended with the ORK http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5981

The Office Integrator is good, and you can also try the Office Shrinker.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

But I wanted to add it as a hot fix like other software. No way?

I may have missed your intention in my earlier reply. Office integrator will intergrate Office Hotfix with along with your Office Source.

If you are asking how to add Office 2003 into nlite, then the method is RunOnceEx or GUIRunonce

I would suggest you wrapped the office 2003 installer using 7zsfx or winrar first so that it is already unattended. Then create the entry as necessary from the tutorial link.

I would generally prefer RunOnceEx. There are 2 sample you can download to see how to invoke RunOnceEx that install thru CD.

RunOnceEx µTorrent (Which uses a cmd file to invoke RunOnceEx + your unattended exe)

RunOnceEx OfficeTab using 7zsfx module

Cheers

Edited by Geej

Thanks Geej and Sp0iLedBrAt

Geej your links are very important. I did not use Office Integrator before. So I followed your advice "RunOnce" method. I added my Office2003 file in \$OEM$\$1\Office200. Then I added two files in Office2003 folder, Unattended.MST and Office2003_XP_Addon.exe (command line of office2003 setup).

Office-File.jpg

Then I added command line to run Office2003_XP_Addon.exe in Runonce section of Nlite. It runs office setup before appearing Desktop and performs installation successfully. So I have no problem to add Office2003 in my customize XP CD.

RUN-ONCE.jpg

I also tried to make Office2003 nlite addon using SFX Maker and it is my problem. Because it doesn't work as nlite addon.

MS-Office-addon.jpg

This addon/hotfix reduces Office2003 size in only 240 MB and works fine in normal windows. But shows problem when I add it as a hotfix with nlite that I mentioned at the top.

I also tried to make Office2003 nlite addon using SFX Maker and it is my problem. Because it doesn't work as nlite addon.

SFXMaker is not able to create RunOnceEx-type addon. You need to do it manually.

Here is how (a quick one) to do it.

I'm assuming Office2003_XP_addon.exe is already an unattended 2003 installer that you make using SFXMaker.

Hence you simply download ROE_uTorrent_addon_3.2B26883.cab and modify the package from there.

1) After download, rename to ROE_Office2003_XP_addon.cab and extract the addon to subfolder.

2) Rename Entries_uTorrentBlue.ini to Entries_Offce2003.ini

3) Replace / save the whole content of Entries_Offce2003.ini with below code:

;=========Start Copy below this line=========

;###################################

; ROE Office 2003 installation

;###################################

[general]

builddate=25 April 2012

description=MS Office 2003

language=English

title=MS Office 2003

version=2003

website=http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD001022529.aspx

[EditFile]

I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]

Office2003_XP_addon.cmd

;=========End Copy above this line=========

4) Nav to svcpack folder. Rename utorrentSilentScript.cmd to Office2003_XP_addon.cmd

5) Delete existing 2 exe. (Keep Office2003_XP_addon.cmd)

6) Put Office2003_XP_addon.exe into svcpack folder

So you have 2 files now. (.cmd & .exe each)

7) Replace / save Office2003_XP_addon.cmd content with the following:

::=========Start Copy below this line=========

@echo off

set ROE=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\Office2003

reg add %ROE% /ve /t REG_SZ /d "MS Office 2003" /f>NUL

reg add %ROE% /v 1 /t Reg_sz /d "%~dpn0.exe" /f>NUL

::=========Start Copy below this line=========

8) Manually testing the cmd now... Just execute the cmd script. Go to registry to check that the ROE entry is added properly. Then delete Office2003 mainkey (caution: not the RunOnceEx key) after testing.

9) Recab back Office2003_XP_addon back to nlite addon type (such as .cab format). (Folder structure should be exactly the same as ROE_uTorrent_addon_3.2B26883.cab)

10) Test your addon in VM. Remove any existing Office files from the $oem$\1\Office2003 folder. Remove existing GUIRunOnce entries. Integrate ROE_Office2003_XP_addon.cab like any normal nlite addon.

Office 2003 should start installing after 1st reboot.

There is another method using 7zsfx modified module. A bit more complicated but more advanced. No need cmd file. Tool / tutorial for more info. I won't want to post here now. Take 1 step at a time. Just give a try the method describe above first.

Geej, I followed all your instruction but sorry for my Low knowledge. I can't make cab. I make cab file with nlite addon maker and SFX Maker. For this, I put all the files in a folder. Then I shows the setup file wich will run after extraction cab file (like my sfx maker screenshot above). I also set silent switch with the setup file. But I couldn't understand which file I will show to run in your advised cab file. I already made Entries_Offce2003.ini, Office2003_XP_addon.cmd, Office2003_XP_addon.exe as your advice. I also tested Office2003_XP_addon.cmd. It worked successfully. So please advise me how to make cab file with those files.

Sp0iLedBrAt, look like the link still works.

There is another better alternative.I have been using Cab Maker v3.3 all along.

Cab Maker V 3.3 by DaRkMaDnEsS also create a "sendto" link.

Right-click "any folder or file(s)"-> "Send To"->CabMaker3

I modified it to add a additional context menu.

Right-click "any folder or file(s)"-> CabMaker3

Addition (AddReg=ContextMenu.AddReg) is in the inf. Below is the modified one. (will host for 2 days or earlier, only for you).

You can also intergrate into nlite.

DaRkMaDnEsS_CabMaker_V3.3.cab

Size: 319.48 Kb (327,145 bytes)

MD5: 9AD59F744591532DBF91A98B347A5A17

Uncab, right-click on the .inf file, select "Install". When prompt for file, point the file to CabMak.cab and you are done.

Then Right-click on "ROE_Office2003_XP_addon" folder, select cabmaker3. You should see ROE_Office2003_XP_addon.cab created in the current dir.

Cheers

Thanks Geej. I tested your method and it worked successfully. Hence I want to know something more here. I have some questions marked below. Just give me some useful tutorial links as I'm a new user.

• Why is .ini file necessary and how to make it?
  • What is "%~dpn0.exe" and NUL in your reg script- add %ROE% /v 1 /t Reg_sz /d "%~dpn0.exe" /f>NUL
  • How to make reg script for .inf file? I know reg Command in dos and I have knowledge about add reg command.
  • How to make .inf file to install a software?

My last two questions are not topic related. So I am sorry to disturb you. But I am very interested to know.

I modified it to add a additional context menu.

Right-click "any folder or file(s)"-> CabMaker3

Addition (AddReg=ContextMenu.AddReg) is in the inf. Below is the modified one. (will host for 2 days or earlier, only for you).

You can also intergrate into nlite.

Cheers

Hi, could you share your Geej modified by DarkMadness CabMaker 3.3?

It would be very helpful!

Appreciated.