Notebook's drivers integration

gipsyshadow

Hi all,

Finally i've finished my totally unattended win xp cd with sp3, hotfixes, netframework2.0 and my drivers. During the .iso creation something went wrong because i've received an error repeated several times regarding hotfixes: "Hotfix integration failed". These are the ones who weren't integrated: KB2564958, 898461, 2570947, 2603381, 2633952, 2661637, 2695962, 2686509.

Honestly i didn't care very much of this errors and then i've run winlite.iso on virtual box but something's gone wrong because it seems it did no driver integration, but the sp3 was correctly integrated.

Any ideas? :)

post-355130-0-44225500-1340055454_thumb.

Edited by gipsyshadow

Any ideas?
Yes! From the very top of this page...
If you are having issues with Windows after removing components and have come to ask for help, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini file to your post to facilitate quicker assistance.
Whether you "remove components or not" is irrelevant - we still need to see what you did... Some Components can't be removed and then expect Hot-fixes to integrate into "something you removed"...

Ummm... were you running a Real-Time Anti-Virus Software during the nLite run? NEVER do that as the A-V Software MIGHT interrupt execution. Temporarily turn it off or "exclude" the nLite folder...

Those should have slipped AND I have no clue as to the reason why Drivers didn't integrate (mine do). Attach that INI file...

... Some Components can't be removed and then expect Hot-fixes to integrate into "something you removed"...

Ummm... were you running a Real-Time Anti-Virus Software during the nLite run? NEVER do that as the A-V Software MIGHT interrupt execution. Temporarily turn it off or "exclude" the nLite folder...

Those should have slipped AND I have no clue as to the reason why Drivers didn't integrate (mine do). Attach that INI file...

Hi submix8c :)

Firstly let me apologize for not having seen the red message! :blushing:

Here are the ini files. Please note that some words within them are in italian.

Well, I honestly don't remember good if my avira antivir real protection was switched on during that nlite process... sorry again. I'll learn for next time :thumbup

Thanks again :)

LAST SESSION.INI

Edited by gipsyshadow

REMOVE "LAST SESSION_U.INI"!!! NoNo!!!

; nLite private info

; (don't post it on the net, it's not important for debugging)

SERIOUSLY (look inside it)!!! NOW!!!

Checking contents of the other one (leave it)... other members may appear to assist...

edit - Download count was TWO!!! that was me (by mistake)... Hope nobody else got it...

edit2 -

It appears that MAYBE you are making the same mistake that many make when integrating HotFixes.... In the "Add Hotfixes" part, the List is presented when you add them. At the Top of the List, you need to Sort them by Date Ascending.

Also a VERY important question... Is this a Non-English XP Source? If so, you may need the Language Files for the language it's in...

As far as your "test" in "Virtual Box" (or even "MS-Virtual PC"), your Drivers will be probably be different than what's integrated. I personally have never used "Virtual Box" BUT... see this for example Audio Settings. There is also (below that) a link to "Virtual Networking". You would need Drivers compatible with "Virtual Box" added to your ISO as well if you want to use that Virtual Software.

Edited by submix8c

Hi submix8c :)

(don't post it on the net, it's not important for debugging)SERIOUSLY (look inside it)!!! NOW!!!

I'm really sorry for LAST SESSION_U.INI. I did not read it before posting. I hope the moderators will accept my apologizes.

It appears that MAYBE you are making the same mistake that many make when integrating HotFixes.... In the "Add Hotfixes" part, the List is presented when you add them. At the Top of the List, you need to Sort them by Date Ascending.

I remeber I got some doubts about ordering hotfixes and cabbed netframework2.0 because I remember some of them (2 or 3) had no date; so how should I order them?

Also a VERY important question... Is this a Non-English XP Source? If so, you may need the Language Files for the language it's in...

Yes, it's an Italian XP source and I guess for this reason some things were named in english and some ones in italian when I tried the OS within VBox; so where can i find Language files for italian and how/where must i integrate them in nlite?

As far as your "test" in "Virtual Box" (or even "MS-Virtual PC"), your Drivers will be probably be different than what's integrated. I personally have never used "Virtual Box" BUT... see this for example Audio Settings. There is also (below that) a link to "Virtual Networking". You would need Drivers compatible with "Virtual Box" added to your ISO as well if you want to use that Virtual Software.

If Virtual Box is not best machine for my test, what do you suggest to use to avoid other complications? What virtual machine do you use?

Thanks a lot :D

MS Virtual PC 2007 uses "known to XP" drivers but is limited in the way of hardware - No USB, Specific Hardware (no way to change e.g. Audio Device).

I can't recommend to you which Virtual Machine software to use. No matter what, this will NOT prove whether your drivers integrated properly. You can, however, look in the nLited Target Directory and/or the created ISO and see if you have a folder named "NLDRV" inside the "I386" folder. These will be your drivers you integrated. Inspect the contents to confirm that the are the same as what was in the original folders. nLite copies them into it then sets up several other INF files in the I386 folder to allow them to be "found" during Install.

Look here for a couple of Tips on "Integration Failure".

Possibly, add the non-Dated ones last. First, select ALL non-Add-Ons (i.e. all that have EXE suffix) and IF you are integrating IE8, do NOT add those yet (or just find them and remove them, SORT the set in the nLite window, then ADD individually IE8 and THEN the IE8 Hotfixes (one by one), THEN add ALL of the Add-Ons (non-EXE suffixes). DO NOT RESORT AFTER THE FIRST SORT! This method works very well for me.

As for Italian-specific Hotfixes, I don't really know. I can tell you that many/most are "language neutral" and still use the ENU version (but are NOT ENU-specific, rather "language neutral"). Unless someone else has a "list" the easiest way is to go to each individual KB in the list, change to "Italian" and see if it offers a non-ENU file, cancel the download if it does, and copy/save the link given in that screen. This is the link that would need to be replaced in the UDC file (which is specifically for English XP).

HTH

edit - google search "OnePiece Windows XP Post-SP3 AggiornatoPack" - good luck on that! Latest version WAS (AFAIK) ... v5.7.0 (11 Aprile 2012)

Edited by submix8c

Hi submix8c and other folks :D

I've just run this new winlite.iso version in virtual box and it seems I've solved my language pack problems: I just downloaded an italian language pack from nlite.it! So no matter about sorting ;) then I added cabbed netframework for last (there were only theese 2 files in nilte hotfixes window) because it has no data, as you suggested :) The integration process went good.

No matter what, this will NOT prove whether your drivers integrated properly

Are you telling that it is not possible to verify the correct drivers installation with any virtual machine? Really? I guess because drivers integration is a very very easy to success process in nlite; maybe is this the reason?

Anyway I verified in NLDRV folder there're all the subfolders and files drivers-named like :)

For last question I'd want to ask if there're critical/favourite/interesting tests to carry on within the virtual machine to ensure the nlited windows copy works properly and gets no bad surprises for the real one. how do you test it?

Bye

No matter what, this will NOT prove whether your drivers integrated properly
Are you telling that it is not possible to verify the correct drivers installation with any virtual machine? Really? I guess because drivers integration is a very very easy to success process in nlite; maybe is this the reason?

Anyway I verified in NLDRV folder there're all the subfolders and files drivers-named like :)

For last question I'd want to ask if there're critical/favourite/interesting tests to carry on within the virtual machine to ensure the nlited windows copy works properly and gets no bad surprises for the real one. how do you test it?

Explanation - VM's create/utilize "fake computers" of which are NOT the same hardware as the "real computer".

For "fake computer" (in VM eg. Virtual PC or VirtualBox or ANY OTHER TYPE SOFTWARE) you need to ADDITIONALLY add Drivers for THAT VM'S "FAKE HARDWARE"! The REAL Drivers will NOT be used in a VM/VPC and will NOT SHOW IN DEVICE MANAGER (they don't exist)!!!!

The REAL drivers SHOULD (mind you SHOULD if CORRECT ONES for REAL COMPUTER) be used AND the Hardwre WILL BE IN DEVICE MANAGER!

Clear explanation?

Explanation - VM's create/utilize "fake computers" of which are NOT the same hardware as the "real computer".

Of course, it was so obvious! My ignorance is limitless :P

So thank you again for all your help, explanations and patience. i guess you're a nice person for the help you provide to users here ;) Have a nice day :hello: