WPI 8.6 and beyond bug\bugfix thread

Open your config in notepad and remove all desc lines. Then open wpi and resave the config. After that your issue should be fixed.
Actually that didn't help, but 8.4.6 version works faster and there is no such bug as on the picture. And what about blue background on starting wpi?

Well without alot of other information I can't help you further:

OS used also x86 or x64

Fresh install of the OS?

Custom theme?

Have you tried with just your config file and not the other user files?

AV\Malware running?

Also have you properly updated your lang file?

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

@chymax3m

You can try changing the folder name "WPI ProEngineer v 4.2" to WPI

I see some words and sentences are too long!

However I found no trouble testing with my config.js file.

Edited by myselfidem

Open your config in notepad and remove all desc lines. Then open wpi and resave the config. After that your issue should be fixed.
Actually that didn't help, but 8.4.6 version works faster and there is no such bug as on the picture. And what about blue background on starting wpi?

May I also remind you that using WPI in a professional environment or redistributing it is against the license...

I found out that he has modified some of the WPI files and his issue "may" be from that....

If you were here is SW Wales in the UK I would come round and fix mritters main computer for free.

Please continue with the WPI. I really do appreciate it.

Terry

Thanks. Do it! :)

Just send me the contact info in South Wales and I'll arrange it and stick it in the SatNav.

About the variable %comma% used with WPI !

This variable replace the comma (,) inside java script to execute all commands separated with a comma, because all commands can be executed. If we keep comma (,) the command execute only the first one...

We can see also inside the command to install Windows Live:

config.js

prog[pn]=['Windows Live 2012'];
uid[pn]=['WINDOWSLIVE2012'];
ordr[pn]=[24];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
bit64[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Applications'];
pfro[pn]=['no'];
cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\WLive\\wlsetup-all.exe" /q /AppSelect:Messenger%comma%Mail%comma%MovieMaker%comma%Writer%comma%Wlsync%comma%idcrl /log:%temp%\\Wlsetup.log /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /NOlaunch /NOMU /nosearch'];
desc[pn]=['Windows Live 2012'];
pn++;

Inside WPI log file %comma% is converted to comma (,) but it is missing a code to convert it inside braces { }:

{OS=Win8%comma%Win7%comma%Vista%comma%XP}

It is not a bug!

Edited by myselfidem

• 1 month later...