Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I have a little issue, downloaded version 1 a long time ago from a forum, installed the app, changed some options, blabla.. then I checked the official website of SIB for updates and I found out that SIB is not free and there is a 30 day trial, then I opened the properties in SIB to see how many days of trial are left but the app was fully activated, of course, that was fine for me. Then I recommended SIB to a friend, he downloaded the setup from the official website and after the installation he checked the 'About' section and his version was trial. I started to search on google and found a lot of links with "StartIsBack pre-activated CRUDE", the strange thing is this TEAM CRUDE, their name is written in the 'About' section of SIB, then I realized that I have an pirated version because my friend don't have those names in 'About Section' and the trial was active. Uninstalled the app then downloaded a new version from SIB official website and bought a license for 5 pc's, the application was successfully activated but those names are still there, my friend don't have those names. The question is, how can I remove those names from there? Re-installed, cleaned registry, nothing works. I can prove I have purchased a license for 5 pc's and what you see in screenshot is a legit version downloaded from SIB official website and activated two times, the second time was when I tried to get rid of those names by re-installing.

sibcrude.jpg

Edited by Tusticles

I have a little issue, downloaded version 1 a long time ago from a forum, installed the app, changed some options, blabla.. then I checked the official website of SIB for updates and I found out that SIB is not free and there is a 30 day trial, then I opened the properties in SIB to see how many days of trial are left but the app was fully activated, of course, that was fine for me. Then I recommended SIB to a friend, he downloaded the setup from the official website and after the installation he checked the 'About' section and his version was trial. I started to search on google and found a lot of links with "StartIsBack pre-activated CRUDE", the strange thing is this TEAM CRUDE, their name is written in the 'About' section of SIB, then I realized that I have an pirated version because my friend don't have those names in 'About Section' and the trial was active. Uninstalled the app then downloaded a new version from SIB official website and bought a license for 5 pc's, the application was successfully activated but those names are still there, my friend don't have those names. The question is, how can I remove those names from there? Re-installed, cleaned registry, nothing works. I can prove I have purchased a license for 5 pc's and what you see in screenshot is a legit version downloaded from SIB official website and activated two times, the second time was when I tried to get rid of those names by re-installing.

Thanks for TEAM CRUDE was added by me since 2.0. Sorry if it confuses anyone; they're crackers but deserve a thanks for their hard work.

Thanks for TEAM CRUDE was added by me since 2.0. Sorry if it confuses anyone; they're crackers but deserve a thanks for their hard work.

:unsure:

I don't understand it, Tihiy. Even if you think they deserve a thanks, that thanks shouldn't be from you IMO.

Please remove their name in the next update version.

Well, if they came up with something that Tihiy wouldn't of come up with on his own, that Tihiy then appropriated for use in SiB everyone's benefit, then the Thanks seems fair. Hey, pirates and p0rn have usually been way faster to adopt and adapt new technology than the general public.

Cheers and Regards

I don't understand it, Tihiy. Even if you think they deserve a thanks, that thanks shouldn't be from you IMO.

Ok. Sorry for the confusion. Don't see why should anyone care, though.

Ok. Sorry for the confusion. Don't see why should anyone care, though.

If they helped then they helped. Pretty simple. Looks good to me!

Since the start I've gotten a total of 12 people up and running on SiB and three businesses. They are all super happy. Woot!!!!

.greeting!perhaps be my last post that do not want to upset anyone ................

I have something to add to startisback,a small bug.about Windows 7/8 Scroll Bar in Start Menu= the program startisback, line(scroll bar) instead to stand up when closing line start menu stays where was the last time.Windows 7 does not this happen.stand up when closing line start menu.

or if you have noticed the new interface in Windows 8 line (scroll bar) is at first

ll put some pictures to give you an idea of ​​what I mean

It seems you need to increase margins for the programs pane style if you're making a custom skin. (I'm not sure if it is possible in WSB)

Also you're not showing any StartIsBack screenshots.

I can tell you that this is major bug startisback.tests and you'll see I'm right.I would look and video if I could but can not now.

I'm surprised that no one noticed until now and have not noticed any bugs you this.

Edited by stelian88

ISOHaven,

We were talking about TEAM CRUDE only, not the others on the list.

Tusticles,

Did you remove it by yourself? And why there isn't "PainteR" on the list of your picture?