Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

hello,

i've been using your start is back for a week now, i have 1 problem , a lot of program that i pin to start , just don't get pinned!

how can i get them to be forcefully pinned?

Pinning all those shortcuts after deleting them first from the following directory solves it for me:-

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu

hello,

i've been using your start is back for a week now, i have 1 problem , a lot of program that i pin to start , just don't get pinned!

Pinning all those shortcuts after deleting them first from the following directory solves it for me:-

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu

this worked ! thank you!

hello,

this worked ! thank you!

Cheers sy5tem - glad that worked for you (I'm not sure whether it's an issue with Windows 8 or with StartIsBack.) :)

Found annoying bug while testing StartIsBack 1.0RC in Win8 Pro build 9200

If taskbar is set to "Auto-hide the taskbar" then desktop bottom left corner does not trigger taskbar to show.

1.0??

We are at 1.3RC1 now.. time to update..?

I've just heard about StartIsBack. What I find compelling about this program, compared to other start menu programs, is the ability to remove desktop apps from the start screen.

I have never been too bothered about the lack of a start menu in Windows 8, but I have found the lack of segregation of desktop and metro apps on the start screen quite irritating.

Before I try StartIsBack, I just have one question: I have spent a bit of time organising my start screen so that my apps are grouped into meaningful categories. If I decide to uninstall StartIsBack at some point in the future, will I get my old start screen organisation structure back?

Short answer = yes. ;)

Thank you.

I have now installed, but am experiencing a few issues.

1. I have checked the option to keep only modern apps in start screen. This has mainly worked. But tiles for Google Chrome and Internet Explorer remain in the Start Screen.

2. I would like to pin some apps to start menu (StartIsBack menu). This is available for most apps, but notably it does not seem to be available for Microsoft Office 2010 apps.

3. When I pin Google Chrome to the StartIsBack menu, it appears as "Google Chrome (2)", instead of just "Google Chrome"

3. When I pin Google Chrome to the StartIsBack menu, it appears as "Google Chrome (2)", instead of just "Google Chrome"

Try pinning The Google Chrome shortcut after deleting it first from the following directory:-

1. I have checked the option to keep only modern apps in start screen. This has mainly worked. But tiles for Google Chrome and Internet Explorer remain in the Start Screen.

IE and Chrome both have Metro/Modern UI versions as well as Desktop. I think that's normal behavior. As far as I know, only the browser that's set to default can be used in the Modern UI.

Try pinning The Google Chrome shortcut after deleting it first from the following directory:-

Thanks. That worked. I notice there are a whole bunch of other apps in that folder (perhaps a left over from trying other start menu replacements).

Shall I just delete the lot and start over?

Any ideas about why I can't pin microsoft office applications?