Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Y A Y B E T A T E S T I N G

StartIsBack 2.0 beta 0

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome StartIsBack 2.0 beta 0. Please keep in mind this is early beta. This version is not indended for everyday use and represents early 2.0 stage.

SIB2b0.png

What's new:

- Modern Apps (Start Apps) are included into MFU, search and all programs list

- Shortcut to Start Screen in Start Menu

- All programs multi-column flyout (Windows XP style)

- Closing Modern App returns you to desktop or start screen, whichever was used last (not configurable now)

More in the release notes.

http://startisback.com/StartIsBack_20beta0.zip

Don't flame the discussion too hard.

Edited by Tihiy

For some reason, on some machines, the configuration keep popping up when the user logs in. Just started happening recently. Can't figure out why. Where can I look to see what would be causing it?

EDIT:

Awesome news on 2.0! I'll check it out soon.

Edited by ISOHaven

2.0 seems to work fine for me, except that it's reminding me in the settings that a new version is available.

Anyway, is there any chance to fix the colours of the Shut down and Control Panel submenus in high contrast mode?

Also, if you wish, you're free to include the orb images I made.

What's new:

- All programs multi-column flyout (Windows XP style)

- Closing Modern App returns you to desktop or start screen, whichever was used last (not configurable now)

the second change is nice, but the first one is not good. Is this the new default way or can I still use the Vista/7 style?

Anyway, is there any chance to fix the colours of the Shut down and Control Panel submenus in high contrast mode?
Yes, it will be fixed before 2.0 release. You can check how All Programs flyout (XP style) displays with high contrast mode.

Thanks for orb images, they're great!

the second change is nice, but the first one is not good. Is this the new default way or can I still use the Vista/7 style?
Beta testing is not for faint-hearted. :rolleyes: Of course it's not default. Edited by Tihiy

You beat me to it... Going to beta test :D

A new problem:

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has blocked a page!

Malware detected! Access to this page has been blocked.

Should I report this to BitDefender crew?

Another - if I install with AV disabled,

C:\Program Files (x86)\StartIsBack\StartScreen.exe is removed as threat as soon as AV is enabled.

Edited by higH1

Yes, it will be fixed before 2.0 release. You can check how All Programs flyout (XP style) displays with high contrast mode.
I noticed, which is why I asked (again). :) Edited by ender`

I just bought your software...
Thank you :rolleyes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\StartIsBack\StartScreen.exe is removed as threat as soon as AV is enabled.
Gen:Variant.Kazy? What the insane stuff again. It's clear, of course. I'll resolve this issue in next version. Edited by Tihiy

Depending on how many users you have, a possible solution is to put a red warning "Antivirus XYZ wrongly detects StartIsBack as a virus. It's recommended to switch to a better AV product", then watch how fast the AV vendor fixes the problem.