UURollup v11 and Microsoft Silverlight Plugin

ppgrainbow

Let's wait for BlackWingCat's answer. I've got no idea why it only works with Japanese locale ;)

Me too. v11 of UURollup is already stable in this latest beta...so if there is a way to get Silverlight working on other locales with a upcoming fix to UURollup v11, we'll see what happens.

Update: blackwingcat has concluded that the reason why Microsoft Silverlight crashed in all browsers is that the plugin threw an exception and terminated with the entry point GetThreadPreferredUILanguages linked to KERNEL32.DLL. This entry point is only present on Windows Vista and higher. :(

Update 2: I can confirm that Silverlight crashes in the UURollup v11 2012-11-18 update, because it threw the GetThreadPreferredUILanguages entry point as I don't think that it didn't with UURollup v10d. I sure hope that it will get fixed in UURollup v11 2012-12-02 update. blackwingcat already fixed the issue in KernelEx v22k3.

For now, until further notice, it would be good to set the system locale to Japanese. :)

Edited by ppgrainbow

The issue is not fixed yet because Silverlight still crashes in case of Korean & Chinese locale :angel

I'm still planning to include the fixed files in the new daily sometime this weekend.

GetThreadPreferredUILanguages is also available in blackwingcat's kernel32.dll. He added those NT6 functions some time ago.

Edited by tomasz86

The issue is not fixed yet because Silverlight still crashes in case of Korean & Chinese locale :angel

I'm still planning to include the fixed files in the new daily sometime this weekend.

GetThreadPreferredUILanguages is also available in blackwingcat's kernel32.dll. He added those NT6 functions some time ago.

Thanks for telling me. I really appreciate it! ^^ I can't wait to see Silverlight working again. :)

• 2 months later...

When I try to display the sample page that you provided, I get this error message:

The sample could not be loaded.

The sref URL parameter does not match any known sample.

Please fix the URL in the address bar or select another sample.

But other than that, the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight works on other websites that I go to. :)

When I try to display the sample page that you provided, I get this error message:

The sample could not be loaded.

The sref URL parameter does not match any known sample.

Please fix the URL in the address bar or select another sample.

But other than that, the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight works on other websites that I go to. :)

Yes, I see.

Do you know what the problem comes from ?

I want to resolve it.