Domain Login options Live ID

dubsdj

When my Windows 8 laptops / tablets / pc's are added to the domain, I see that users are able to login using their live ID ?

This is no good!

I don't mind them adding apps when they are logged in but I don't want them to log in as a completely different entity which would give them admin rights to uninstall / install software.

I tried myself and it told me that my password was incorrect when I tried logging in as my live id.. even though my password wasn't incorrect..

does this mean the domain is doing its job and not allowing live ID login even though it gives you the option at the log in screen?

thanks

I find it strange that it shows up. Presumably using the Live ID should allow to sign into the system on the local level... It makes sense that you cannot log into the domain using the Live ID, since that account would need to be added to AD Users first.

yea I know it is odd... but it is there isn't it..

Thing is the error message it throws doesn't say you can't log in because its a domain, the error message says "Your password was incorrect for Live" ... strange...

when the user has actually logged in using their domain account they are able to install apps using the live ID.. that works... I'm not so much bothered about that though.