IBM MB Drivers

Hoko

Can someone tell me where I can find the correct motherboard drivers for an IBM ThinkCentre 814815U computer? :huh:

Ser # - 99A5973

Type - 8148

Model - 15U

Chipset - Intel 865G

Processor - 2.8GHz Pentium 4

RAM - 2.5Gb

WinXP Home Edition upgrade

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure the OP appreciates that link also :thumbup , BUT
Can someone tell me where I can find the correct motherboard drivers for an IBM ThinkCentre 814815U computer?

<snip>

WinXP Home Edition

:whistle:

THX! :w00t: I appreciate the help!

I have an EVGA Nvidia GeForce 6200 512mb pci graphics card. It requires 300 watts. I'm not sure if it takes 300 watts to run the card or just a 300w power supply for the whole system. I had a 230w power supply in it which I changed out to a 380w but when I installed the 6200 the graphics settings automatically kicked down to the lowest settings and could not be adjusted up. Is that a BIOS setting problem or just not enough power? :unsure:

Edited by Hoko

Looks like only the ATI was supplied with your Model. :unsure:

Do the nVidia Drivers given in the link NOT work?

If not, just get the latest nVidia drivers from the nVidia Website.

No it's NOT in the BIOS, it's the Drivers for the nVidia Card (?). YES it will "kick in" and over-ride ANY built-in video (if it has any) and ONLY the "AGP Aperture Size" will be have any effect in the BIOS (if it exists). Inserting Add-In cards when built-in-video ALWAYS over-rides (AFAICR - may be "special cases").

Bottom line, you need the appropriate nVidia Drivers for your GeForce 6200 (available from nVidia website).

Look here - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you "search" at the top of the screen for

geforce 6200

it indicates Geforce 6-Series. Also not at the bottom that the "nView Desktop Management" software is available.

Edited by submix8c

Looks like only the ATI was supplied with your Model. :unsure:

Do the nVidia Drivers given in the link NOT work?

If not, just get the latest nVidia drivers from the nVidia Website.

No it's NOT in the BIOS, it's the Drivers for the nVidia Card (?). YES it will "kick in" and over-ride ANY built-in video (if it has any) and ONLY the "AGP Aperture Size" will be have any effect in the BIOS (if it exists). Inserting Add-In cards when built-in-video ALWAYS over-rides (AFAICR - may be "special cases").

Bottom line, you need the appropriate nVidia Drivers for your GeForce 6200 (available from nVidia website).

Look here - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you "search" at the top of the screen for

geforce 6200

it indicates Geforce 6-Series. Also not at the bottom that the "nView Desktop Management" software is available.

I bought this one new in the box and used the driver disk that was supplied. :huh: I'll try downloading from Nvidia.

Installed new hard drive 250gb, installed chipset driver, sound card and driver and GeForce 6200 512mb graphics card and driver from cd that came with card. This time everything installed right. Graphics card functioning and no conflicts in device manager. :w00t:

Edited by Hoko