Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

Bry

Try changing your mst file to something like office.mst instead of

Office Setup MST file=unattended.MST

I had a problem with my mst if it was over 8 characters long

Hi thansk for that but no luck im afraid. This is the noly thing stopping me from compelting ym unattended dvd:(

One of the errors img etting is :

Error 1308. Setup cannot find the required file C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\1033\XLREADME.HTM. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM.

Yet this file exists in the c:\office2003\ fodler i.e. my soruce fodler as is defined in the ini yet its looking for it in the destination folder???

I've had lots of errors with missing files, it seems to remove quite a bit too much. Sometimes the slimmed down and 7-zipped Office 2003 installs just fine, but sometimes setup won't complete because of missing files (it won't say which files, you have to check the Event Log) that aren't in the slimmed down but uncompressed source.

When adding all the missing files, it just keeps getting errors for more and more files. The end result is approximately the same as before using the prog, minus a few components.

I thought the program was great when I first started working with it, but now it feels like it really sucks.

It might however work for some people with their hardware/software/language/installation configurations, but it certainly doesn't work for everyone at all times.

Some notes: It has worked for me a few times, in both virtual and physical machines. It has successfully slimmed down the installation source, but as I said it is a bit too effective.

First, I wanna say this is great app... It misses some files, but hey those are 10, not 1000!

Anyway, want I want to ask fot is a version for Microsoft Visio (2003). Is it possible? cause I really think its setup is pretty much the same thing with the office setup ... Correct me if I'm wrong :blushing:

And, if it is possible, will it be implemented? It would be awesome to have a complete suite of "xxx_shrinkers" for all miscrosoft office products (visio, project, onenote) ... until then all I ask for is the visio version. :lol:

Please post back if you do have some spare time to work further at this project.

Sorry my English, I'm just dizzy right now. :unsure:

Edited by sadicq

Can someone answer this please. Does it work with Office XP that has Frontpage? I have a version with powerpoint/word/excel which runs fine, but I wanted to include access and frontpage the next time around, but it keeps giving me error when I install the shrinked version.

hey guyz, I have shrunken the office 2003 into 7ip and everything waz cool so far

but when I'm trying to type in arabic, the numbers appears Indian rather Arabic Numbers, then I have to change it manully from Options > Complex scripts > Numeral > Arabic which is so annoyaing.

and the more annoying that when I gave the CD to newbie friends, they don't know how to change the numeral look of the numbers and they go to the Regional Settings to mess alot of things up!

so How can I Unattendely configure this option from Indian to Arabic Numbers?

plz this is so so crucial for my uAXPSP2 CD

Is it ok to remove outlook express with nlite if I install office 2003 shrinked without outlook 2003?

yes. I have removed outlook express, and don't install outlook 2k3. I however install Thunderbird, but it worked fine without thunderbird too. No big deal

hehe lol

Do an admin install first, then use the shinker.

"C:\Office\Stup.exe /a"

run that, put in key, and let it copy the files over. then point the shirnker to the newly created source.

hehehe lol i already did that :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using turkish version of O2003.

made a admin install and slipstreamed sp2 and post sp2 patches. And ran shrink.exe. Asked for setup .exe and mst file. gave correct answers. But when microsoft installer loads gives an error like this installation corrupted. Tried lots of times but no luck.

Any help?