AMD SB700 AHCI/chipset driver

mrbigmouth502

A friend of mine recently acquired an Acer Aspire 5253 laptop, and requested that I install XP on it instead of Windows 7. I have managed to find XP drivers for most of the devices in this laptop, but one thing I have been having trouble finding are the AMD SB700 AHCI drivers, or really any of the other chipset drivers. Does anyone here know where I could find them? Thanks. :)

If you search the nLite forum for SB700 you'll find a few threads and links but it's not clear whether the search is successful or not at the end. The nLite threads would most probably go about integrating the drivers to an XP disk but that's something else (though you might need to do it). User Fernado1 seems pessimistic and he's got more than thousand post helping people on similar subjects.

There are also 2 threads in the "Device drivers" forum. Good luck. Please add your info if you got clear answers on that.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine recently acquired an Acer Aspire 5253 laptop, and requested that I install XP on it instead of Windows 7. I have managed to find XP drivers for most of the devices in this laptop, but one thing I have been having trouble finding are the AMD SB700 AHCI drivers, or really any of the other chipset drivers. Does anyone here know where I could find them? Thanks. :)

Did you search for amd ahci drivers on amd site?

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_xp32-64_sb.exe

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_xp32-64_raid.exe

PS

You can extract those *.exe files using 7zip and than install driver manully.