MSFN Forum Webpages in Neverending Load Mode

Radish

This isn't anything critical but maybe something that the webmaster might like to sort out (the issue is a longstanding one).

I use Firefox to browse the forum. Whenever I get to any forum webpage the 'icon' shown on the Firefox tab is a rotating circle (i.e. meaning the webpage is loading). Problem is it remains 'stuck' at that - the icon never changes to the blue icon 'M' - meaning the page is fully loaded.

The only way to get the icon to change is to click on the 'cross mark' at the right-hand side of the address-bar (i.e. tell Firefox to stop loading the page). Then the icon changes to the 'M' icon.

Like I said nothing critical, but could do with attention if there's a perfectionist around. :sneaky:

Each forum page may scripts from 3 companies:

- Facebook (3)

- Amazon (1)

- Google (5)

Any one of the scripts could load slow, causing this. In this case, your browser should show a "loading/waiting for" in the lower left saying what it may be stuck on.

FWIW I don't get this happening here either, but I've seen it on other sites from time to time.

Try disabling javascript and reloading. If that fixes it, dynamic ads might be the cause--sometimes those servers are very slow to respond. Or the script might be requesting an ad image and then crashing before displaying it, thus rendering of the image is never completed and the spinner is not removed.

I see this sometimes in FF2 on ad-sponsered sites that require javascript to function (like webmail).

Mmm... I downloaded and tried going to the forum and loading pages in TOR Browser. Worked fine, no stuck spinner. So it would seem the case is that there is some addon (or maybe setting) is causing the problem in my normal browser (I don't have JAVA on the system at all).

Ah, well.