Not Safe to Be a Drone Anymore ...

Monroe

I guess if a drone doesn't get shot out of the sky ... now it has the Tokyo's Metropolitan Police Department to worry about.

I going to buy a "butterfly net" ... had one as a kid when I collected butterflies. I could catch the "little ones" that look like insects ... Dragon Flies come to mind.

Tokyo’s Drone Squad Will Deploy 10-foot Drones Armed with Nets to Police the Sky

Squad will patrol no-fly-zones and order unlawful operators to land their drones.

by Mark Walton (UK) - Dec 11, 2015

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/tokyos-drone-squad-will-deploy-10ft-drones-armed-with-nets-to-police-the-sky/

In an effort to enforce no-fly-zones across the city, Tokyo's Metropolitan Police Department is launching a drone squad. According to Japan Today (via Popular Science), the squad will patrol no-fly-zones and "will search for the operators and order them to ground the drones."

If an operator fails to comply, police will scramble large drones up to 10 feet long armed with cameras and nets to take down the unwanted machines. There's no word yet on whether said tactics will be accompanied by a perfectly-timed blast of The A-Team theme tune, though—we can but dream.

Despite the humorous name, the drone squad will take on some serious issues in Toyko. "Terrorist attacks using drones carrying explosives are a possibility," a senior member of the police department's security bureau told the Asahi Shimbun website. "We hope to defend the nation's functions with the worst-case scenario in mind."

Earlier this year, a 40-year-old Japanese man admitted he landed an unmanned drone carrying radioactive sand atop Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's office in an effort to protest nuclear power. Nobody was injured in the stunt.

The launch of the drone squad follows an amendment to Japan's Civil Aeronautics Law that went into effect yesterday. The law limits drones to flights below 500 feet (compared to 400ft in the US and UK), and also bans drones larger than 200g from dense residential areas, which includes all of Tokyo. The fines for violating these rules could be as much as ¥500,000, or roughly £2,800.

.... also

Drone squad to be launched by Tokyo police

4 hours ago

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35070818

If a suspicious drone is detected, the operator will be warned via loudspeakers on the ground.

But if he or she fails to respond, police will launch drones equipped with nets to bring down the device.

That is hogwash. Keep in mind that Japanese-land is where many of our electronic products are tested. Even the unsafe ones. They have doing bs like this for years in Japan. In a couple of years in the west, we will have bs like this. Reasons why the drones in a city like Tokyo is the amount of office hoars pressed up against glass. Imagine a drone at night flying and taking pictures of the insides of these places.

Basically people are too stupid to operate drones. That should be the head-line. Seriously we had mini-helicopters for years and nobody said anything about those. Just that the drones are able to climb into the atmosphere.

Even so, there has been no Drone horror stories at all. I mean i am tired of this post Cold-War scare we have to live with. Even into our continuing years as adults. I had to go under my desk in the first grade ( fire drill AKA bomb drill they called it ) and even into the fallout shelter in the basement. Why do we have to live in fear.

People should just redesign planes and buildings for drones flight. I hate how everybody creates barriers in place of globalism

Edited by ROTS