The Younger Crowd Attitude Changing on Technology ?

Monroe

Forget the "kids"> Think about the twenty year-olds living in poverty stircken "parent" ( not parents ) and the only piece of technology they have is an Apple ipad, with little or no understanding of anything else that is productive

Forget the "kids"> Think about the twenty year-olds living in poverty stircken "parent" ( not parents ) and the only piece of technology they have is an Apple ipad, with little or no understanding of anything else that is productive

You mean that the iPad is actually productive? :w00t::ph34r:

jaclaz

I said " little or no understanding of anything else that is productive"

Else could be any skill of anything that leads to being productive enough to raise a family with little or no issues.

I am saying productive because of that ( impulsive behavior ) need to be "up to date" in the world is what people are after. Most people even with money are lacking ability to stay up to date. It is like how everybody is trying to stay futuristic but are really damning themselves without thinking or having any consideration.

It is like how most people shave there heads bald rather then going to a stylist and getting there hair groomed.

Too much tech bull-crap out there. A person who sews or lives in nude magazines could careless about the Apple iphone. But to that proverty sticken person the iphone is the greatest thing in the world.

Edited by ROTS

It is like how most people shave there heads bald rather then going to a stylist and getting there hair groomed.

Well but then most people save a lot of money and time, maybe after all that is productive.

jaclaz

• 1 month later...

In that process we lose the ability to hand down proper grooming and end up with a race of poor morons who just shave there heads or use chemicals to straighten there hair. It is really something stupid in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article ... perhaps Windows XP will make a comeback ... possibilty Windows 98.

She objects to the planned obsolescence of today’s gadgetry, and to the way the big tech companies pressure customers to upgrade.

Perhaps Windows 2000 will make a come back. I was objecting to planned obsolescence 20 years ago. I still am really. It's really wasteful and an unnecessary drain on resources. It's all about greed and control.

Well another thing about people changing their own oil ... it's harder to get rid of the stuff in today's world. Years ago you could just dump it on your neighbor's property when he wasn't home !!!

All these regulations today have put a stop to that ... life was so much simpler back then.

Here in Arizona, you just take the used motor oil to the auto parts store and have it dumped into a tank at the back of the store.

• 2 weeks later...

I was working in a shop for a while. We just poured the clear gasoline straight into the ground. One person said "Shouldn't we catch it" and the other person was like "nah just dump it". Bare in mind this was on a gravel terrain water front.