My application switches

Strat79

ok this post will completely go againest what i am saying but has to be said me thinks.

the problem with this type of post is everyone basically wants to add his/her 5cents/nickle what every call it.

what i think should happen is:

the application switchs/regedit need to become locked. basically to stop it being bloated.

if someone has a great application switch make your own post.

sorry ops i know this will mean lots of work. but they then use there admin powers and post int he locked database posts and delete the post made by jo bloe. this in turn keeps the posts down (less to wad though) and keeps the great info all in one easy to find place.

again if u want a request and u have searched now the only 5-10 page database instead of the 50-60 page mess and what u want is there the people shoue pm them flame them and delete the post.

if it is not there then let it get big with people offerig there sugestions. once an answer is made copy the final owrkign product to the application switch datadase.

thus saves heaps of bandwidth usage and storage space.

Mental industries

ok here's the thing

I can put all the reg files together

but they won't be sorted in a nice way like "hardware tweaks, this tweaks that tweaks"

that'd take a LOT of time..

I can sort them according to the "key"

hmm same might go for application switches but

ppl complain about some switches don't work for them, so i'd need to put the versions but anyways i'll see what i can do about it..

heh ok here's the other problem

after putting all the regs together ppl will ask

"what does this one do?"

and writing that is kind of tricky :)

Edited by XtremeMaC

You all are coming up with some good ideas. I have thought of some of these things myself. Let me know what I can do to help, be happy to.

As far as what some people have to say about this post, I really don't care what happens to every other post after my first original. If the admins want to delete every single post afteter it to keep it small or whatever, feel free to. If a new switch is added in the topic I will add it to the original and they can delete that post in here. I really don't care. Anyway, keep the ideas coming. Good work!

Why don't make such a html page available for download? Personnally I find it VERY annoying to search every time to the right topic... If you'd have it downloaded you can check it very fast...

I hear you coming: "And what if it has been updated?" Well, the admins could make an email update or (maybe even better) another section on the frontpage with the newest versions of all available progs/packs to download, e.g.:

-nLite

-XPCREATE

-XPLODE

The HTML is nice but no need to sticky the thread itself.

We need a nice tidy sql based switch repository and someone who manages it. :)

I don't know the über-admins here but I'm sure they could install a nice mod/plug-in for the Invision Board.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm new here. found a lot of usefull tips/switches but this 1 doesn't work for me.

O&O Defrag 6

Install Switch: /qn

Extraction: None

Notes:

Registry:

I've got O&O defrag version 6.5.851. The setup runs but not unattended, it keeps me asking to accept the EULA, install path and so on. Is this normal or do I make a mistake??

Thank you for helping

Hi there. I'm new here. found a lot of usefull tips/switches  but this 1 doesn't work for me.

O&O Defrag 6

Install Switch: /qn

Extraction: None

Notes:

Registry:

I've got O&O defrag version 6.5.851. The setup runs but not unattended, it keeps me asking to accept the EULA, install path and so on. Is this normal or do I make a mistake??

Thank you for helping

extrakt the exe File (oodpe_6_5_851_XXX.exe) with Winrar.

rename the O&O Defrag Professional Edition.msi to e.g. OODefrProf.msi and run it with the switches /qn

it works :)

For your Norton System Works 2k3...

I used:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Norton System Works 2003
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install3\Applications\NSW2K3\setup.exe /qn /norestart

ECHO Copying Subscription update
Copy /y "%systemdrive%\install3\Applications\NSW2K3\Catalog.LiveSubscribe" "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveSubscribe"

is my restart switch wrong?

my two cents...... :)

Having compleated my unattended disk already and frequently searching for switchs, i feel a place where all switches are located is a good idea. One thing not mentioned yet is syntax. Weather creating an Install.bat or Runonceex.cmd the syntax will be different. So when posting the switches for apps, maybe their could be a couple of entries showing the different syntax for the various install methords.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...