NotePad2

Lebanese_007

Hi all,

i found an enhanced version of notepad that can display codes in html format and other language and display them like front page 2003, it has line numbers on the site, the code is color coded and alot more.... and it is free

i was wondering is there a way to replace the current Notepad that comes with windows with this program, so it replaces all the shortcuts like in (start, all programs, accessories, notepad) and (right click on an html page, edit, notepad).

i was going to try to play with the registry, but i said nooooo, i don't want to screw up my computer :rolleyes:

thanks in advance

PS: i was trying to upload this file in a .rar format, but it didn't let me :)

let me know if you want it.

post-2-1088354691_thumb.jpg

Notepad can be easily replaced with the enormously powerful UltraEdit. They even have instructions on their website to do so. UltraEdit also installs silently but its not free though....

www.ultraedit.com

Hi there...

Sorry for not replying fast enough, i wasn't home...

for Bâshrat the Sneaky, i don't think this software is from Microsoft...

I tried it, it is really way better than the regular notepad... so does anybody know how to replace it ? pleasssssssssseee :)

thanks in advance for your help...

this is how ive replaced editpadlite (another cool notepad replacement, and free, and very very very lite on resources, tabbed documents blah blah blah. www.editpadlite.com) in my unattend installation.

1. simply install editpadlite in ur current windows installation

2. Locate the file editpadlite.exe and rename it to notepad.exe

3. compress it using the makecab feature so that it becomes notepad.ex_

4. replace the notepad.ex_ in ur i386 installation folder with this file

5. if u want to apply ur customised settins by default, export the edit pad lite settings from the registry, and just run the reg file at cmdlines.txt

hope this works for ur notepad2 as well :)

danish

this is how ive replaced editpadlite (another cool notepad replacement, and free, and very very very lite on resources, tabbed documents blah blah blah. www.editpadlite.com) in my unattend installation.

1. simply install editpadlite in ur current windows installation

2. Locate the file editpadlite.exe and rename it to notepad.exe

3. compress it using the makecab feature so that it becomes notepad.ex_

4. replace the notepad.ex_ in ur i386 installation folder with this file

5. if u want to apply ur customised settins by default, export the edit pad lite settings from the registry, and just run the reg file at cmdlines.txt

hope this works for ur notepad2 as well :)

danish

And it's available in Dutch,German, Italian and Portugese (Brasil)!!! (English too, of course...)