Language Bar gone...

kyuuzo

As far as I know I haven't removed anything that should remove the Language Bar. I'm using the latest nlite, win xp sp2. When I goto regional options I can add keyboard layouts but I can't click on the Language Bar settings, nor will the Language Bar come up when I switch languages. Anyone have any ideas?

In Regional and Language options --> Languages tab --> Details button --> Advanced tab, under the system configuration section is "Turn off advanced text services" checked?

Yes, is it checked. I uncheck it then it asks me to restart, so I do...but after restarting it's checked again...still no Language Bar.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
no , I didn't removed anything in the language support , or any language ...

is it a taskbar problem or a service problem ?

I have same problem. When I put language bar on desktop it's ok, but when I click minimize, Language Bar simple gone and not put icon on taskbar. So I dont know is that taskbar or something spetial problem. Maybe it's simple bug. I am tried to not remove enithing, just to make unatended setup without removing components or services... and allways the same problem. I use nLite 1.0 RC8 and I think that version have Language Bar showing in taskbar bug.

Edited by Velibor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm new here :hello: , whould like to say a big thanks to the maker of nLite.

BTW, I found out something that may be usefull for you if you haven't removed IME and Language bar, although it has dissapeared:

If you used the TinyXP's RegTweaks.reg file, then fully comment the following lines:

;REMOVE LANGUAGE BAR

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]
@="Language bar"
"MenuTextPUI"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\msutb.dll,-325"

Else if you didn't use this regfile, it would be usefull to add these reg settings to your XP install CD:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]
@="Language bar"
"MenuTextPUI"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\msutb.dll,-325"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}\Implemented Categories]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}\Implemented Categories\{00021492-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\msutb.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

• 3 years later...

I may have a solution for you - it has worked out for me: The installation was missing [b]ctfmon.exe[/b] (%systemroot%\system32\). Copied it from another system, started - and there was the language bar! :)

Hope this helps others too and maybe people making special builds fix it in their next editions.