[Release]: XPize (Off Topic)

XPero

• 2 weeks later...

I am using this in my Unattended install, i have tried to install using XPInstall and also from runonceex but i just get the request for language. i even added /s /n /LANG=ENG and tested the script in windows itself and it works silently, but when i run the unattended install it keeps asking for the **** language and wont install silently... any help please... ??

Use the hacked files and modpe and compress the and copy them to your cd.

Version 2.5 has an installer with updater so i want to use it, it can also be uninstalled if required, the older manual way you can't... but thanks for the reply anyway

yo xp addict :P, any idea when a new version is coming out?

I have almost finished XPize 3 (codenamed: Best viewed with Royale) :P I'm just finishing the AVIs...I'm having transparency problems with "classic" style, but it will be fixed. Also I have to design some wallpapers and fix some minor bugs. I will try to include some extras if I can: TaskswitchXP, a WinRAR mod (finished), Royale Logon, Adobe Gamma (finished), a Royale VS mod...

After all that, I have to give all the files to flyakite, so he can start working on the installer. And the more important thing...I have to finish all my university exams (end of february) :puke: So...the release will take a month or so.

EDIT: Metal and Gothik! I think we should talk :P

XPero

hallo again

i just have some important questions

can you send me the source files for all the stuff, becouse i need to finish an internal project for my work - and i do not know if everything is working if i integrate the xpize install version in my i386 folder - it has a lot of updates and fixes so i don't want to loose it - it will run on our company's ris in nearly 2 weeks or so - if i get the script files ready

so i have to implement other logons and logos in shell32 and msgina and so on so source files will be very helpful (i got some CI in the total modded version - i asked all amployees and they said, that a special version for our company on base of xpize is cool because of most new logos - but i must insert some logon and background screens and branding features)

cabbed files ar also ok, if you do that - if this is done by installer i will compile everything myself *gg*

pm me if you have some time

thanks

yergling

Sorry to spoil the party but I installed XPize on my Windows XP PS2 French version and it screwed up Internet Explorer and Wordpad as well!

I am now using a backup of Internet Explorer I found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iexplore.exe

Even if I uninstalled your program, I didn't came back... :thumbdown

hallo again

i just have some important questions

can you send me the source files for all the stuff, becouse i need to finish an internal project for my work - and i do not know if everything is working if i integrate the xpize install version in my i386 folder - it has a lot of updates and fixes so i don't want to loose it - it will run on our company's ris in nearly 2 weeks or so - if i get the script files ready

so i have to implement other logons and logos in shell32 and msgina and so on so source files will be very helpful (i got some CI in the total modded version - i asked all amployees and they said, that a special version for our company on base of xpize is cool because of most new logos - but i must insert some logon and background screens and branding features)

cabbed files ar also ok, if you do that - if this is done by installer i will compile everything myself *gg*

pm me if you have some time

thanks

yergling

You mean XPize 2.5? I haven't the files right now, I'm not in my PC. You can ask bombtrack or Injecter, maybe they have it.

If you are talking about 3.0, my answer is NO. It is finished, but I'm not planning releasing it as the "classic packs". The installer is being developed and it will include (if nothing bad happens) an option to patch a i386 directory, which is very useful for what you are planning to do.

XPero

Sorry to spoil the party but I installed XPize on my Windows XP PS2 French version and it screwed up Internet Explorer and Wordpad as well!

I am now using a backup of Internet Explorer I found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iexplore.exe

Even if I uninstalled your program, I didn't came back...  :thumbdown

mmm...I've never heard about it and never happened to me and XPize users I know. Anyway, thanks for reporting, I will look closely to this in the first beta of 3.0

Some useful info: The backup of the original files is in C:\WINDOWS\XPize (hidden by default).

XPero

I don't know if this could be related but my %ProgramFiles% is located on the D: drive, not on C:

Maybe, I will take all that into account for 3.0. Sorry for the inconveniences, but that's the world of shell packs :P

EDIT: is all other XPize stuff working ok?

Yes, the rest seems to be working properly, I took a look at the Hardware panel, browsed the start menu, etc...

OK, I've taken note of that. This is the 3rd and 4th bugs in XPize, and the 1st and 2nd will be fixed...thats good :P I will do my best to fix those bugs. Also I would like you to be one of the beta testers if you please, so thats the best way to fix that problem ;)

XPero