[How To]: ATI Catalyst

SiMoNsAyS

Here is a copy of my RunOnceEx.cmd that is trying to load up the ATI Control Panel:

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "ATI Control Panel." /f

IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Catalyst Control Panel" /f

IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\$1\D\002_graphics\CP\Setup.exe /K" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Intellipoint 4.12" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i \"%systemdrive%\D\005_mouse\IP4_1.msi\" MM=\"IME3\" REBOOT=\"ReallySuppress\" /q" /f

Are there any problems with it? The driver are located in $OEM$\$1\D\$002_graphics. I just want someone to come in here and double check this. Thanks.

well i do the same

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "ATi Video" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\ATi\Driver\setup.exe %systemdrive%\install\ATi\Driver\setup.iss -s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\ATi\CPanel\setup.exe %systemdrive%\install\ATi\CPanel\setup.iss -s" /f

tho for completeness, as i have had some wierd probs in the past, i have specified the full path every time only problem i get is the whql warning screen and no one seems able to tell me how to get round it!! :no:

• 2 months later...

wonder if there is a ATI driver where windows can detect it and auto install the control panel on it.... and if dun detect any ati card, it won't install... just like the nvidia display card driver.....

about the control panel... use setup /s ... will do... why need use /K ?

wonder if there is a ATI driver where windows can detect it and auto install the control panel on it.... and if dun detect any ati card, it won't install... just like the nvidia display card driver.....

about the control panel... use setup /s ... will do... why need use /K ?

If you use /s, you have to create an .iss file before. If you use the /K switch, it will install even without .iss file.

About the control panel. I install the Control Panel with WPI. The entry in the WPI config.js checks, if an ATI card is installed, by looking for the atiddc.dll. When it exists, the Control Panel gets installed, because it is a default entry in WPI. When the file does not exist (on nVidia systems), the Control Panel entry does not show up and does not install. Works fine. :)

This is the code in config.js:

prog[pn]=['Ati Catalyst Control Panel']
picf[pn]=['ATI.png']
picw[pn]=['128']
pich[pn]=['128']
desc[pn]=['Control Panel für Ati Radeon Grafikkarten.']
textl[pn]=['Bottom']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\Treiber\\Catalyst\\Setup.exe /K']
cond[pn]=['FileExists("%systemdrive%\\Windows\\System32\\atiddc.dll")']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Treiber']
pn++

• 1 year later...

I couldn't get things working for me so I found this (Got It From ATI)

Use this Command Line

start /wait %systemdrive%\AcerV5900\ATI\Setup.exe /K

Substitute the file path for where ever you extract the driver files.

So to recap. Download the drivers from ATI/AMD. Extract them into a directory, I just ran the .exe which extracted the files and then canceled before the actual install process took place.

Then run this command from unattend.txt or in a batch file that you have unattend.txt run after GUI mode of install has run.

Thought I'd share it as I wasn't quite following the other stuff.

• 1 year later...

I am a newbie to this whole thing i asked for help in the device drivers forum but I want to clarify some issues. Normally I need to install the southbridge driver before installing the display drivers.

@echo off
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\$OEM$\$1\detached.cmd SET CDROM=%%d
start /wait %CDROM%Software\ATIRARSFX.exe
EXIT

Clarify this for me is software a folder created in$OEM$ and where is ATIRARSFX.exe coming from because I am not packing anything. Attached is what i have in my drivers folder. I am really beating my head about this.

driver.bmp