Unattended CD/DVD maximum size

I've been making an unattended DVD for some time and now I have faced the problem with some kind of size limit. When the size of the DVD gets some size (maybe 100-200MB) over 4GB the DVD doesn't work anymore.

Yes I have tested every scenarios and it really depends on the size of the image. Windows install starts but locks right after the first text message after boot.

I have tested it with Virtual PC (using DAEMON to mount image) and also with real system and problem still occur.

Does anyone have information about size limitations of unattended discs?

Are your drives formatted as NTFS or FAT32?

Sounds like a filesystem limitation to me. :no:

Also, what kind of DVD image are you burning?

Must use UDF (not ISO) for images over a certain size, if I recall correctly....

Please let us know here what you find out, OK?

Mark Strelecki, ACP

www.strelecki.com/links.html

Computing and Programming Since 1975

"I Make IT Go!"

Edited by mark strelecki

I'm also using Nero 6.6.0.14 and .nrg.

I don't think the hd filesystem is the problem because it hangs straight after boot. But anyway it's NTFS. It doesn't matter if I burn image to dvd or use it with daemon - problem still occurs.

It seems to me the problem is with image format. I haven't found any documented specifications about format restrictions.

I've had the same problem, too. Doesn't matter if I use Nero or Roxio to make the image. I've chosen Joliet as the CD/DVD filesystem. So, Mark Strelecki, are you saying use UDF instead? Will have to try that.