How to unattendedly use RyanVM's Integrator...

Siginet

How to unattendedly use RyanVM's Integrator with Windows XP PowerPacker.

If you want to Integrate RyanVM's update packs 100% unattended all you need to do is create a batch file called PREPACK.BAT and place it inside of the directory containing your "Extra Pack Files". (For more information on PREPACK.BAT or Extra Pack Files please reffer to the help file.)

Inside of the PREPACK.BAT file you will need to put something like this:

C:\RyanVM\RVM_Integrator_v1.0RC8.exe /u "%CD%" "C:\RyanVM\RVMUpdatePack1.3.1.cab" "C:\RyanVM\RVMAddonsWMP10_1.0.cab"
To break it down I color coded each section.

1. The first section (In Black) represents the path and file to execute. In this case it is the RVM_Integrator_v1.0RC8.exe

If the path contains any spaces in it you must put quotation marks at the beginning of the path and at the end of the file name.

2. The second section (In Green) represents the unattend switch. This must be /u or /U (You can put quotes around it as well... but you don't need to.)

3. The third section (In Blue) Represents the path to the directory containing the I386 directory. In Windows XP PowerPacker that will be the directory where the PREPACK.BAT file will get executed. So you will want this to be "%CD%".

%CD% means Current directory in the batch file. So no matter where the batch is run from it will look at the directory where it is executed as the directory containing the I386 directory.

4. The fourth section (In Purple) represents the path and filename of the RVM_Update*.cab file you wish to use. (Again make sure you use Quotes if your path contains any spaces.)

5. The fifth and final section (In Red) represents the path and RVM_Addon*.cab file(s) you will be using. If you wish to use more than one Addon then make sure all of the addons reside in the same directory. If you are using 2 addon packs the fifth section would look simular to this...

"C:\RyanVM|RVMAddonsWMP10_1.0.cab|RVMAddonsFull_1.0.cab"
Make sure you look at the above example very carefully. Each Addon.cab file has a | (Pole) in front of it to seperate each Addon.cab. Also the path does not have a \ (Backslash) at the end of it.

The easiest way to make sure you are getting your syntax correct would be to open the exe file itself, browse to the files and select them. In the inputbox just copy the text and paste it into your batch file.

*Note* The best thing to do would be to create new source files with the RyanVM Integrator and just use those source files through WinXP PP. But for those of you that do not care how long it will take to use the RVM Integrator on every pack you create you can use the tutorial above. Hope this helps somebody. ;)

i gotcha but both methods are unattended,, would there basically be any draw backs to say, setting up the s ource with nlite by just remove some annoying things like windows messenger, tour and simple things like that, then slipstreaming the sp2 update and ryans pack, then xprizeing it, then place your usual hacked files like uxtheme and notepad 2 and so forth

then at then end run your power packer with the bashrats packs..

im fairly new to your method so im learning it and i want to know more about it so i hope im not to much of a pain with my questions,,

Edited by Lost Soul

i gotcha but both methods are unattended,, would there basically be any draw backs to say, setting up the s ource with nlite by just remove some annoying things like windows messenger, tour and simple things like that, then slipstreaming the sp2 update and ryans pack, then xprizeing it, then place your usual hacked files like uxtheme and notepad 2 and so forth

then at then end run your power packer with the bashrats packs..

im fairly new to your method  so im learning it and i want to know more about it so i hope im not to much of a pain with my questions,,

You may have a hard time setting up the source with NLite. It's all trial and error. You may be able to get away with removing just those simple things.

Everything you posted above can be done unattended except for the NLite portion if I am not mistaken. I don't think NLite has any unattended parameters yet.

The order I would do it would be

I would first create a PREPACK.BAT file with some code to slipstream SP2, Then I would add the script above for Ryans Integrator, I would then add parameters to have it slipstream XPize. I would put my hacked files in a directory that I would specify as my Extra Pack Files within Windows XP PowerPacker.

Once I had my PREPACK.BAT file created I would just click on the button "Pack These Files Into The Destination". Everything would be done unattended for me. ;)

Except afterwards I would open NLite and remove components I didn't want. Nlite is usually best as the last step.

• 1 month later...
C:\RyanVM\RVM_Integrator_v1.0RC8.exe /u "%CD%" "C:\RyanVM\RVMUpdatePack1.3.1.cab" "C:\RyanVM\RVMAddonsWMP10_1.0.cab"

when itry RyanVM's Integrator with Windows XP PowerPacker the winrar open automatic

you need to put that line in the prepack.bat as one line, and not two, as you appear to have done.

Edited by mjc

when itry RyanVM's Integrator with Windows XP PowerPacker the winrar open automatic

you need to put that line in the prepack.bat as one line, and not two, as you appear to have done.

Yep. The forum makes it look like it is 2 lines only because it needs to wrap the text... but it should be all on one line. Try it all on one line and you should be set. ;)

Thanks for helping mjc! :)

Ok here is your problem. I looked at the file you had attached and there were a lot of things wrong with it. First off you were not executing the RyanVM Integrator at all. Second it did not follow the instructions for the multiple addons. And it wasn't all on one line.

Try this:

"C:\RyanVM\RVM_Integrator_v1.0RC8.exe" /u "%CD%" "D:\sp\sp2\RyanVMUpdatePack\morefiles\RVMUpdatePack1.3.1.cab" "D:\sp\sp2\RyanVMUpdatePack\morefiles|RVMAddonsFull_1.0.cab|RVMAddonsWMP10_1.0.cab"

It is all one line. You will need to change C:\RyanVM\RVM_Integrator_v1.0RC8.exe to represent the path to your RVM_Integrator_v1.0RC*.exe

CAN REMOVE RVMUpdatePack1.3.1.cab AND *.CAB FROM ROOT FOLDER OR NOT AFFTER INTEGRATOR

It shouldn't be in the root folder. Did you put those files in the extrapack files dir? Because you only need the PREPACK.BAT file in there. The prepack.bat file can point to the rvm files from anywhere.