Files from themexp.org

tomars

Does anyone know how I can extract the files I download from themexp.org without having to install the bundled adware? They have lots of stuff I dont see on other customization sites but they wrap all their files with some stupid adware program. Anyone know how I can get round this?

I dont know for sure but i think they are wise installers. Try running it like this:

xxx.exe /x:PATH
xxx being the installer
/x: being the switch
PATH being the path that you want the files extracted to.

I haven't tested this yet but I ran the USSF on one of the installers and thats what it told me.

Does anyone know how I can extract the files I download from themexp.org without having to install the bundled adware? They have lots of stuff I dont see on other customization sites but they wrap all their files with some stupid adware program. Anyone know how I can get round this?

i hate that s**t bundled!!! :realmad:

I just installed all the themes I liked, but without selecting to install the 4 bundled adwares. Then I saved the .zip files with the themes in C:\Program files\themexp\Themexp.org to another location. I uninstalled and no trace of adware. I'm trying to find another way to extract for you guys. :)

I runned xxxxx.exe /x C:\TEMP just like Hatefulsorrow suggested and it extracted this list of files:

%EXENAME%

%UNINSTALL_PATH%

fsi_install.ico

fsi_uninstall.ico

HLsetup2.exe

NNWDAB638.EXE

TXPSHOPPER.exe

Looking at the "PK" header of the %EXENAME% file I realized this is the .ZIP file of the theme, so I just opened it with WinRAR and voilà.

Edited by Fox Mulder

That is a useful tip Fox Mulder, well done.

[edit]

Just done this process and worked a charm

download file

run <filename> /x c:\temp\<foldername>

go to this new folder

open the %exename% file in winrar

extract that file

Thanks all for help in this

[/edit]

Edited by oioldman