Ata33 And Ata133 On One Cable..

If I would hook up a ATA133 and a ATA33 or ATA66 hard-disk to one cable coming from my mobo, would the mobo pick the lowest speed for transfers? (so ATA33/66 instead of 133) I think I heard this before, but im not sure...

Anyone know about this?

Thanks allot..

yes it will slow it down. It may not pick quote unquote ata66 or 100 speed but it will draw your faster drive to a lower speed. My suggestion is if you have to do it then make the slower at the end of the ribbon, If you only have one cd-rom connect it to that ribbon.

Or if you want to do it the right way get yourself a controller card and add it on that way also.

I am recieving my KD7-Raid mobo today, and I'll just use RAID then, I was gonna disable it to use all my normal ports without a slower boot up, but I'll live with it for the transfer speed advantage.. thanx xperties..

I am recieving my KD7-Raid mobo today, and I'll just use RAID then, I was gonna disable it to use all my normal ports without a slower boot up, but I'll live with it for the transfer speed advantage.. thanx xperties..

hey what type is this?

512MB Corsair CAS2 (fastest memory in the world!!)-

just woundering because Im running Corsair CMX512-3500C2PT 512MB DDR434 PC3500 . Did something new come out becasue as far as I know thats the fasted availble :)

hey bro, thats a review for the 3500, the one Im running with. You stated your getting the 3200. Might wanna make sure you know what your getting. The 3500 is the fasted RAM avaible right now, but the 3200 is not

also 3200 runs at 400 but the 3500 runs at 434 and way beyound

The Ram you have is lil faster, looks exactly the same, I seen on the Corsair website that mine will run at 434mhz stable too (overclocked).. I'll see, the ram you have is lil faster yes, Corsair is the fastest and best quality ram you can currently get..

The Ram you have is lil faster, looks exactly the same, I seen on the Corsair website that mine will run at 434mhz stable too (overclocked).. I'll see, the ram you have is lil faster yes, Corsair is the fastest and best quality ram you can currently get..

ehhh...Its ok. I cant say I can rant and rave about them.

Considering they told me the ram I have would work with my old MB and at the end of major headaces I had to buy a new one. Left bad blood in my mouth.

Just got it up and running, sure is a fast and nice system, I really notice the upgrade big time, only thing I didnt like on the mobo was that the ram end of one side almost touches the vid card, very very lil room between it, might be the big vid card, but I blame Abit coz my other Abit mobo didnt have this.. This only means that you have to take your vid card out to remove your 1st bank of ram since theres too little room for the white switch to open up.. Other then that it really is an awesome board with nice features including the sound, usb ports, and LAN connection..

Just got it up and running, sure is a fast and nice system, I really notice the upgrade big time, only thing I didnt like on the mobo was that the ram end of one side almost touches the vid card, very very lil room between it, might be the big vid card, but I blame Abit coz my other Abit mobo didnt have this.. This only means that you have to take your vid card out to remove your 1st bank of ram since theres too little room for the white switch to open up.. Other then that it really is an awesome board with nice features including the sound, usb ports, and LAN connection..

same her on asus board, I have to take the vid card out to remove bank 1 also. Sucks. :)

Just got some more parts in for my new system also.Got my Red pcb Radeon 9500 2 weeks ago.Yesterday recieved my Lian Li PC60 aluminum case(very sweet),Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo,and DDR HyperX Kingston PC2700 w/512MB.Also bought a Western Dig 80GB SE 8MB cache hard drive a while ago.Decided not to go dual channel at this time on the memory.Today I'm ordering a dvd rom, 52x24x52 cdrw,floppy dr(all black components)I will probably run it with a 1.4 GHz Tbird chip until I surrender and buy the first price drop on a XP2700+ Barton.Can't wait to benchmark this baby.I took a chance on the Kingston memory for $70,I usually buy Corsair or Micron,so hopefully it bench's above average,as advertised.THA-Filer,you are more adventurous than me.I have 3 RAID boards and never ran them as such.Did you go with Raid 0 you didn't mention it? :)

This is my 2nd raid board, I buy raid b/c I have 3 hard drives and one cd rom, and I want all my drives to run at full speed and I still want to be able to add more w/ buying them crappy cards.. These are my HD's:

Maxtor 80GB 7200RMP ATA133

Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM ATA66

Fujutsi (some old pos) 15GB ????RPM ATA33

This is my 2nd raid board, I buy raid b/c I have 3 hard drives and one cd rom, and I want all my drives to run at full speed and I still want to be able to add more w/ buying them crappy cards..

I concur with Experties on the diminished speed on your faster drives.Actually all three will run at the slowest HD transfer rate.The add on card which will allow you to run all 3 may be the way to go TH.If you connect a cdrom off of any ribbon cable it will further decrease your performance.