TClock3 beta available for the bave...but need hosting

WildBill

I just uploaded TClock3 0.2.1, which you can get here.

It fixes bugs in 0.2.0 where the taskbar wouldn't behave properly if you tried to move it from one screen edge to another, and overall better supports different screen edges (I refactored all the code that handles it).

One more update, the last for today...

- Fixed some problems with rendering the system tray (though there are still glitches when TClock3 is first started, which I'm still working on)

You can get version 0.2.2 here:

Edited by WildBill

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a taste of what's coming in TClock3 0.2.3

tclock3023fz0.th.png

- Refactoring lots of code to make it more reliable

- Fixed a lot of bugs when the taskbar sizing bar isn't hidden

- Added a Full Skinning...Start Menu tab, supports partial start menu skinning (not by any means perfect yet, but usable)

- Global Windows hook rather than a local one (at the moment it's optional until I'm 100% comfortable with it). The global hook lets TClock3 detect movements of most other windows and lets it repaint the taskbar on the fly so it really behaves more like glass (not perfect, but works pretty well)

- With the global hook active, has support for an optional start button overlay that extends beyond the taskbar (actually, the overlay can appear regardless of the hook setting, but it won't repaint itself properly if the hook is only a local one)

- The beginning of getting it to work on XP, but not nearly ready yet. It at least doesn't crash 100% of the time now...

- Plays better with WindowBlinds 4 (it won't let WB override the Start button image). WB still insists on painting its rebar grippers, though, though that's not a big deal (of course, if Stardock had decided to better support Win2k I never would have bothered with all this).

Lots more to do, of course, but I figured it was worth a screenshot. The active glass stuff requires a fast graphics card if you want really snappy repainting -- it's *okay* on my Radeon X800 Pro, but it's killer on the X1800 Pro.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Edited by WildBill

Here's another little shot to show another thing I'm working on...halos for window buttons. It's still way too unstable to release, but the halos are finally working. Since WindowBlinds 4 doesn't support them on Windows < XP I wanted to see if I could get them another way. Now if Stardock could only update WB4 to handle them since it's definitely possible...

post-68113-1157344624_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I apologize if I'm bumping a dead thread, but the download link doesn't work anywhere. >.> Is there any hope for a repost, possibly a newer version? :) I've been using TClock2 for forever, but for some reason the icons don't go under the clock anymore (like they did in 98SE; I recently installed XP), and I ran across this just now when I was searching for something that would make system tray icons go UNDER the clock, and am now hoping that this will fix it. :)

Edited by Kizul Emeraldfire