.NET Framework v2.0 Installation

sosaited

Hi.. i downloaded .NET Framework v2.0 (22MB) and tried to run it.... but when i run it... the COMMAND PROMPT appears for less than a second and closes.... to see what error it gave.. i first ran command.... then ran the setup from there... it says "Program too big to fit in memory" i guess this is lame error cause i have got 1 gb of RAM... Windows XP SP2....

Please tell what to do ..

Sounds like you've got a corrupt download - the error is usually the cause of a damaged file header (this is likely the case if you don't have every last bit of the original file, and then try to execute it). The shell manager reads the file header (this time of type "executable), and thus passes it off to the memory manager to load it into memory for use. However, since the header is likely corrupted, the file's beginning (or end) information cannot be read by the memory manager. It assumes that the file is too big to load into memory (it has a beginning, but likely no end - a fair assumption, actually, but leads to an erroneous error message), and gives this error.

To make a long post longer, re-download the file again. If you're using a proxy to access the internet, use a download manager, or, get the file from a source that has verified the MD5 sum of the file (so you can check yours against the master after downloading). There are other ways to make sure the file is legit, too, but these are the most obvious.

Edited by cluberti