What Not To Remove For Some Programs

mraeryceos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've load the safe preset in the components tab of nLite and I would like to remove also:

drwatson (i've read it's useless for the user),

windows security center (i've already got my internet suite)

brother device (modem mfc brother, usb device brother... never heard of them)

old graphic card drivers (i''m using use geforce 8800 gts)

What will happen if I remove these elements which aren't removed in the safe preset? It's still safe to remove them or they are essential for some common application? (i'm a "standard" user)

Thanks! :hello:

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if the Zune software package requires IE to function properly? I'm the last guy on planet earth to switch to Firefox (I get it now!) and am wondering if I can safely remove IE for my next nLite build-up.

Thank you

Keep IE Core, remove Internet Explorer if you want (i.e. if you don't use it).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am getting Microsoft bus drivers could not be initialized/loaded while trying to install Realtech HD Audio 1.41

So i m not able to install Audio on the computer..

I wish I read that a month ago. :wacko:  

Can I assume this is with that unofficial SP5 and 2k?

BTW; you do need that M$ bus driver 'fix' before you install those drivers with 2k & XP

Edited by videobruce

I have a issue with Outlook Express and the 'Idenities' issue which seems very pouplar, or should I say unpopular. I get an error message "Unable to create internet account manager". There is a issue with the register key for "Idenities" being corupted. Where could this be using nLite? I tried this on two different boxes and the same problem (using the same nite XP w/sp2).

BTW; I have Messenger 'disabled', but not removed (AFAIK).

Edited by videobruce

• 3 weeks later...

I found out that for installing printer drivers on XP you absolutely have to have srclient.dll, even if you have disabled/nlited system restore. Don't know if recent Nlite builds keep it (since I've seen the dll mentioned many times on this board, but nothing speciffic about this, only together with framedyn.dll). Or maybe I had deleted it manually, but in any case, no printer driver would install without it present.

GL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add since I didn't found a mention for it...

The driver component "Cameras and Camcorders" contains drivers to mount USB digicams as normal drives for many models of modern digicams, from among others Canon. Canon does not supply drivers for these cameras neither on the CD that comes with the camera nor on their support website - they rely -100%- on the driver included in this file that is shipped default with Win 2K/XP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hamachi works without DHCP

Just start it and look what IP is written in the Program Window of Hamachi.

Then go to the properties of your "Hamachi" Lan-Connection and enter this IP in "TCP/IP" Protocol.

Then restart and it should work...