HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

The cab file posted by murvun is an exe that creates something display an icon in control panel. dziubek is having this prob...

"c. I removed the ending "x" from the name of *.cpi files, but failure of registration of chosen files: *cpl it exists again."

Isn't a CPL file just a CPL file and it only gets displayed in the control panel? I never seen the need for a CPL file get registered. As a "for example" I have a directx9 CPL file in my 2k hfexpert\win\system32 folder. It gets copied over to system32, and after installation if I double click the directx9 CPL file, the directx9 properties appear. I don't register it. I think I'm missing something with this issue. [sorry if I'm hijacking this thread]

The *.cpl and *.cpi files should be placed in HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32, yes. I wrote that in my previous message but then I edited it.

@murvun:

I also thought they need to have the same name, but one of the packages is renaming CDImagex.cpi to CDImageGUI.cpi and leaves CDImage.cpl alone. The final names are not the same.

@dziubek:

Can you PM me your HFSLIPWU.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF file?

dziubek...

Forget the regsvr32 thing, but do this: start a system that you just made (one that has the LegitCheckControl problem), open up the Windows Registry and search for the following string:

17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700

I just need to know if you get results or not (yes or no).

Testing HFSLIP_60313a
  1. SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD seems to be in good order
  2. On setup, there was a copy problem with HFSLP255.INF - It's not in the I386 folder

Was the latter also the case with 60310 or is that something you don't know given the path problems you were having before? Does it still happen if you only include hotfixes in the HF folder?

Can I have links for "ConAtrib", "HashTab", "OUEngine", "OpenSub" and "SrtupMon"? There's something wrong with them.

1)

HashTab- Installed to System32\ShellExt

Open Subfolder

Office Update Engine

StartupMonitor - Installed to System32

Attributes Context Menu

According to me these addons run good.

2)I opened up the Windows Registry and searched for the following string:

17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700

inI found a few entries and also I exported two branches from Windows Registry

err4ra.gif

err20xm.gif

err36fs.gif

err44vf.gif

3)

I used following command

regsvr32 LegitCheckControl.dll

but it doesn't be active still in WU

dziubek

reg.zip

It's a miracle HashTab, Open Subfolder, Office Update Engine, StartupMonitor and Attributes Context Menu even install right. A new test release that fixes the handling of these addons is ready to be posted but I'm waiting for the wga1.inf results first.

You do know that HFSLIP handles the original Office Update CAB, right? It's called opuc3.cab and can be placed in the HFCABS folder.

Edited by Tomcat76

Just a quick note on my lunch break...I also had issues with the Attributes Context Menu addon, but I just removed it from my setup and worked on some other issues.

It's a miracle HashTab, Open Subfolder, Office Update Engine, StartupMonitor and Attributes Context Menu even install right. A new test release that fixes the handling of these addons is ready to be posted but I'm waiting for the wga1.inf results first.

You do know that HFSLIP handles the original Office Update CAB, right? It's called opuc3.cab and can be placed in the HFCABS folder.

YES I know, but I on time of tests didn't place this file HFCABS folder.

After installation file inf ,all be active :-)

WU doesn't ask about renewed installation KB 892130 "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool"

EDIT:

1. When I use Windows Update Agent 2.0 I have to use Windows Update v4(WU Catalog) also ?

(http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/IUCTL.CAB)

2. How download and integrate hotfix: KB912945?

dziubek

Edited by dziubek

do NOT put that in your hf folder. it WILL break your XP install. the 2003 update is the same. MS knows about this and will fix it for the next cumulative update for IE.

Maybe put it in the script to delete that file at the start?

the_guy

Edited by the_guy