"PS7 or PSCS2?"

What is your opinion...which do you like better and why? I've personally stuck with PS7 (Photoshop 7) because it seems faster to me, but at the moment I'm debating whether or not to make a complete move to CS2. What do you all think?

i think CS2 is outrageously overpriced, so i just use little wimpy Adobe Photoshop elements :) it can extract images better than CS2 or 7 anyway :thumbup

Edited by WolfX2

Im the same as you. Im just stuck with version 7.

A good friend of mine had version CS2 ... and I really dont see that much of a difference between the two versions. Infact, CS2 just complicated things for me when i tried it out. For a program that only has a few more tools than the old version... it is wwaaay too overpriced for me to even consider.

no sir.. im sticking with version 7 until i die. .. or something better comes out ^-^

Photoshop isn't necessarily overpriced... I got PS CS2 legally for 150$ (I don't need or even want the whole suite, but I *DO* need PS for photography!). It's an upgrade version, which will upgrade from anything (like PS 5 LE that came with a point and shoot I bought to complement my DSLR a while ago).

It was worth every penny I spent :)

• 5 months later...

hey,

i bought the Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium edition, and that come with Photoshop CS2, it has probably been the best investment i have ever made, even thought i found there was not that much difernce between 7 and CS2, but CS2 just seems to be more for what i do :)

So, personally, id make the move to CS2, and you can get is for about £120, :D but thats the really basic one :D

Ethan :)

i downloaded the CS3 beta, and i was not to impressed by it, it just looks like CS2 with a new GUI/UI,

ok it does have some new thing, and is stil lin the beta,

but i probably wont upgrade, unless i get discount for already owning CS2 :D

Ethan

i downloaded the CS3 beta, and i was not to impressed by it, it just looks like CS2 with a new GUI/UI,

ok it does have some new thing, and is stil lin the beta,

but i probably wont upgrade, unless i get discount for already owning CS2 :D

Ethan

i feel the same exact way

I use ps7 for now. The only things that i do like in CS2 is the noise removal filter and the filter gallery,

where you can see the all the filter effects before applying them to the image.

The thing that bothers me in both CS and CS2 is that they require activation even after ghosting the image to your pc.

Again and again.Why's that?

i dont know, some told me, that if i run a silent install of Photoshop from a Batch file, say after sysprep, then run the registry keys, which are used when activating it would work, but i couldnt find the keys, because i would like to know how to activate it without actualy having to, because im constantly doing it, after every install and like you say even after Ghosting it :(

i dont know, some told me, that if i run a silent install of Photoshop from a Batch file, say after sysprep, then run the registry keys, which are used when activating it would work, but i couldnt find the keys, because i would like to know how to activate it without actualy having to, because im constantly doing it, after every install and like you say even after Ghosting it :(

that would help out alot.

• 2 weeks later...

in college we have PS7, mainly for the activation reason, and obviously the cost difference, considering we have like 3500 Computers, and 2800 of them need PS, ok they do have a Volume Licence Agreement, but not to cover them all. And Certain Machines will have PS CS2, which is sooo much better, everyone is more production with it, its less time consuming.

Ethan :)