HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

Hi the_guy and Thanx for this Update list but i think there is a mistake about one hotfix which is

KB938127 -› Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language could allow remote code execution

Download -› 781 KB (August 13, 2007)

Switches: KB938127.exe /q /n /z

this is no more needed for windows xp sp3 i think it doesn t show up in hotfixes needed by windows update and refering to this it s needed only to windows xp service pack 2 + IE7

also this update shows up to me KB951072

and KB952287

and KB951978

and this last one about flash player also shows up for sp3

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3

Thanx

Edited by TheCrowX

KB950974 also affects XP SP2 and XP SP3 but you Added to W2K only

Vulnerabilities in Event System Could Allow Remote Code Execution

Updates missing from XP SP2:

KB932823 v3 ESN

You may be unable to use Windows Internet Explorer to download files on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP

KB951072 v2 CHS DEU ENU ESN ITA PTB RUS

August 2008 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems

KB952287 v2 DEU ENU ESN ITA PLK PTB RUS

An application that uses the ADO interface may malfunction, or data loss may occur when the application connects to SQL Server in Windows Vista, in Windows XP, or in Windows Server 2008

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing this list is severely outdated? I now see the following high-priority updates.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Download size: 905 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified in the way Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer that is running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
Typical download size: 696 KB , 1 minute
A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Download size: 708 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Download size: 633 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Download size: 1.4 MB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated local attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)
Download size: 486 KB , less than 1 minute
Security issues have been identified in ActiveX controls that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Download size: 557 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated local attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Download size: 2.7 MB , less than 1 minute

Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Download size: 645 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB956390)
Typical download size: 2.2 MB , 2 minutes
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
Download size: 1.3 MB , less than 1 minute
The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954154)
Download size: 604 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Download size: 1.3 MB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise a Windows-based system that uses GDI+ and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB938127)
Download size: 774 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified in the way Vector Markup Language (VML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Update for Windows XP (KB951072)
Typical download size: 257 KB , less than 1 minute
Install this update to resolve an issue that is caused by revised daylight saving time laws in many countries. This update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2008. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Update for Windows XP (KB952287)
Download size: 643 KB , less than 1 minute
Install this update to resolve an issue in which a malfunction or data loss occurs when using Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) components on computers that are running Windows XP SP2 or XP SP3. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
Typical download size: 741 KB , 1 minute
Install this update to resolve an issue in VBScript/JScript scripts from CScript\WScript hosts, certain built-ins may not function correctly when Standards and Formats in Regional Settings is changed. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789)

Edited by Sgt_Strider

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm reinstalling Windows 2000. Over time, I have downloaded ALL hotfixes/updates using MBSA (Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer), about 140 files...

windows2000-kb9...

ie6.0sp1-kb9...

oe6.0sp1-kb94...

Do I need to install all of them? Aren't they cumulative? For example, can I just I install the LATEST for IE6 and skip the older ones? Is there a short list of must-install updates?

150 updates??? Take the critical ones and leave the optionals if wanted, but even with them, there's not even near 150...

Personally, then i also preffer HFSLIP like Kiki, as HFSLIP supports slipstreaming more updates than nLite, slipstreams e.g. IE8/WMP11/WUA3 into XP, slipstreams e.g. IE6/dx9c into Win2k, supports reduction filesets(2k, XP and 2k3), is unattended(nLite's answer file dosen't contain the newly added updates), , dosen't need framework(yes, i know about the lite framework and use it myself for things like reg2inf.exe, but still it's ~23mb extra(not counting nLite), which writes also to '%windir%\system32' and to a microsoft system-key in the registry...)

• 1 month later...