Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Wonder what made willpantin think his svcpack.in_ was still in I386, if he had run file.bat?

Yep, I had made a BIG, clumsy mistake when I posted that comment. You see, I had placed the whole sp2 Directory in the I386 folder, when it was all the contents of that Directory that needed to be put in there...!

Anyway, very happy with the end result. Knocked off about 30 minutes from my original install...!

:)

RaveRod - The Update rollup covers 824146 (MS03-039) already, so its been removed from the main list :)

Hmm... wonder why 824146 still comes up in Windows Update...

EDIT: NVM... seems that 824146 still shows up WITH the rollup package on Windows Update until you install the rollup package... Seems unusual why they'd do this though... ahwell...

I have done the rollup and downloaded the current svpack.inf. After install when I go to windows updates it says that I do not have Q330994 and Q828750 installed.

These are in the updates folder along with all the other updates. Any idea why these would not install. I have tried this 4 times.

Does anybody find that after installing the Update Rollup 1, be it using Express or in the SVCPACK, it still appears on the Windows Update site?

Even reinstalling the Rollup makes no difference.

Is this another MS "feature"? :)

Here is my svpack.inf file and also a screen shot of my update folder

[Version]

Signature="$Windows NT$"

MajorVersion=5

MinorVersion=1

BuildNumber=2600

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\i386\Update"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

KB826939.cat

[setupHotfixesToRun]

update.exe -q -n

Q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N

JS56NEN.exe /Q:A /R:N

Q816093.exe /Q:A /R:N

Q819696.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q823182.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q824105.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q824141.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q825119.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q828026.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q828035.exe /Q /U /N /Z

Q828750.exe /Q:A /R:N

qchain.exe

Why would 330994 and 828750 not get installed but everything else does?

post-70-1066450533_thumb.jpg

Does anybody find that after installing the Update Rollup 1, be it using Express or in the SVCPACK, it still appears on the Windows Update site?

Even reinstalling the Rollup makes no difference.

Is this another MS "feature"? :)

Hi,

I have just completed a clean install using Virtual PC and when I went to Windows update it said part of Rollup 1 was still to be installed so I did it, then checked it.

Attached is my log file and windows update is still wanting to install a 284k part of rollup 1.

I hope someone can sort this out.

Cheers,

dare2001

KB826939.log

you two have the same as me even the logs are the same but if you check file version and file dates it shows that the Rol=Up is installed.

Looks like it could be a glitch on M$ part.

I jut ran QFECHECK and all is well :)

Cheers,

dare2001