Looking for feedback on XPreview

jcarle

XPreview Interest Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use XPreview?

• Yes
    • No

• 6 months later...

If it installs on winxp x64, only can open the file of the same architecture (64 bits), if i try to load a 32bits file on the xpx64 i get this error

Object reference not set to an instance of a object

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at XPreview.ResourceManagement.Manager.ResizeBitmap(Bitmap OriginalBitmap, Int32 NewWidth, Int32 NewHeight)
at XPreview.Modules.winntbb.winntbb.LoadFile(String Filename, MenuItem& parentMenu)
at XPreview.formMain.menuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edited by vhrc99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having trouble installing XPreview on XP SP2.

Ran the installer for 1.0.6128 and it installed .NET

Ran through the install but I receive the error

Error reading from file C:\Documents and Settings\Z\Desktop\Setup.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I can obviously access it since it is how I initiate the install. I have tried moving the file, downloading a different copy, initiating from Setup.exe, etc.

Could you post an older version, perhaps the original 1.0 so that I have something to fall back on? I used the older version last year and it was wonderful. A bit rough around the edges ( what spawned updates it seems) but it got the job done. Excellent work jcarle!

Yes, it must be my configuration. I suppose there were some permission/ownership issues with the file or directory (.msi files are prone to being difficult when it comes to permissions)

I moved the Setup.exe and Setup.msi files to the root of my systemdrive and it installed without a hitch.

Maybe someone else owns my desktop...

Thanks for the suggestion jcarle.

• 2 weeks later...

hey jcarle, **** good job with xpreview. i'm facing the same prob as Jagie Fox. Apart from that it works like a charm. I just have a couple of suggestions to make.

1. Would it possible to indicate the co-ordinates in the status bar as we move the pointer?

2. A list of recently opened files would be useful

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...