[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

boooggy

ok.....to be sincere i didnt try it on french xp cause i dont have it. but some people that have tried it and report no err.....

anyhow can u please sent me the txtsetup.sif before and after the slisptream? thx

Edited by boooggy

Thanks for trying to solve my problem :hello:

I changed the following parameters

regset1.gif

regset2.gif

I then tried again and... Still unsucessful :no:

But I noticed that

- before slipstreaming wmp11, txtsetup.sif is OEM (ms dos txt) coded

- after the process, txtsetup.sif is ANSI (windows txt) coded.

I don't really know if my problem is due to this fact but I know that I must choose the right format when I create my setup files (winnt.sif, runonceex command lines...). Otherwise "french" characters (é,è,à,ç,...) may not appear correctly !

thx to microsoft that is the problem in detecting the encoding of text in txtsetup.sif....

till now we didnt succed to make it work right ...but we are working on it....

toto try us-english not british .......

Edited by boooggy

I've just tried the us-english setting trick.

:(

It failed again...

I simply tried with nlite (1.3rc3) and ms wmp11 setup file.

It seems to integrate fine and the resulting txtsetup.sif file seems to be ok.

I have not yet tested the iso...

What is actually the main difference between integrating wmp11 with nlite (using the ms setup file, not any pre-made addon file) and using your slipstreamer ? Is there a genuine validation problem with nlite (eg. win xp should be validated before opening the first session...) ?

I will give it a try (nlite + ms wmp11 setup file), just for test purposes :rolleyes:

*** a few minutes later ***

of course, it didn't work : many errors occured during the win xp setup process.

I now know that nLite can't simply slipstream ms wmp11 setup file :blushing:

So, waiting for a better solution, I will use the SVCPACK method to install wmp11 (Thanks to AlBundy33)

"wmp11-windowsxp-x86-FR-FR.exe /Q:A /C:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoMigrate /P:#e /DisallowSystemRestore"""

Edited by toto51

:thumbup

Well done !

:thumbup

I've just tested the new version and it seems to work like a charm.

No more "french" characters missing.

I'll try to make an iso in order to do a final test.

I'll keep you advised.

hi boooggy! just wanted to share that using your wmp slipstreamer was a walk in the park ... & i didn't have any problem slipstreaming it in my SOURCE via HFSLIP :P ... just 1 comment though, i opted for custom icon (the red one) but it didn't come out as like that on the created desktop shortcut ... i'd love to have a different icon though :( ... well, anyways what's important was being able to successfully slipstream wmp11 ... thanks!

updated both addons with

kb928788

kb929399

kb929773

kb931756

kiki

i dont know what red icon u are talking.....there are only 2 custom icon: vista wmp 11 icon and my icon .....none of them are red......

updated both addons with

kb928788

kb929399

kb929773

kb931756

kiki

i dont know what red icon u are talking.....there are only 2 custom icon: vista wmp 11 icon and my icon .....none of them are red......

it's vista wmp 11 icon with red background on the white play button ;) boooggy, would the updates you mentioned above be already included when using the slipstreamer? thanks!

btw, in relation to the post above, if i were to use slipstreamer (& i'd assume KBs aforementioned have not been integrated to it yet), do i need to download each hf (including non-public ones? have tried searching for it from xable's site but i couldn't find these :( or perhaps, i didn't search well enough) ... thanks!