Super-Disc: Multi-Boot Project CD/DVD Using ISOLINUX

jetman

<snip>

that was boring :( TurnkeyLinux actually seemed very fine, but I just wanted FreeNAS since it has software raid and some other cool features :/ You don't remember it at all?:(

No, I don't remember any of the details of .cfg. Re: FreeNAS itself, it's probably improved since I tried it three years ago. In any case, get something to extract the FreeNAS ISO's boot sector, then commence with the trial-and-error testing. That's the process I used, so the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. One thing I do remember is that there are several files that could be used as the target of the KERNEL statement, that will be the actual loader. That's where the trial-an-error comes in. Originally, it only took a few hours of effort to achieve results.

Later....Jet

<snip>

that was boring :( TurnkeyLinux actually seemed very fine, but I just wanted FreeNAS since it has software raid and some other cool features :/ You don't remember it at all?:(

No, I don't remember any of the details of .cfg. Re: FreeNAS itself, it's probably improved since I tried it three years ago. In any case, get something to extract the FreeNAS ISO's boot sector, then commence with the trial-and-error testing. That's the process I used, so the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. One thing I do remember is that there are several files that could be used as the target of the KERNEL statement, that will be the actual loader. That's where the trial-an-error comes in. Originally, it only took a few hours of effort to achieve results.

Later....Jet

Ok.. I have tried the trial and error, but I only only only receive "Invalid or corrupt kernel image.". I have tried to use /boot/loader, /boot/kernel/kernel.gz, /boot/kernel/kernel (the .gz extracted) with different parameters and stuff, but with no luck :(

The ISO I've taken the files from do work, so the files are not corrupt

I really didn't think it was going to be this messy to make it work :/

Edited by hjalle

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

hi i saw this post and i would like to get these OS's to boot off of one cd(they are all really small)

Linux:

DSL

Feather

slitaz

Puppy

Tiny Core

i got all the directories and kernel and everything in the right place, i just dont know what to put it ISOLINUX.cfg for the other distro's besides DSL as it was already in there.

I know what to do for label, menu label, kernel, and intrid, but i dunno what to do for the rest of append after intrid for the other OS's like feather, slitaz, puppy, tiny core etc:

(the included one for DSL)

LABEL puppy

MENU label ^1 Puppy

MENU DEFAULT

KERNEL /boot/puppy/vmlinuz

APPEND initrd=/boot/puppy/initrd.gz (??????????????what goes here??????????)

thanks!

Edited by sirbow2