WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

I get the callbacks while capturing, but for some reason the whole thing gets blocked when I apply the image. As soon as the image is completely applied I get the whole callbacks in one bunch. (not very useful I guess)

All I could gather from the MSDN forums was that it has something to do with MS enabling multithreading in the "apply" function. So the callbacks never reach my AutoIt instance.

and

They never call fflush() on the stream. The output builds up and is not flushed until the program closes. AutoIt shows you the output the instant it sees it, but during the entire run of the program, the ouput is buffered in imagex. By the way, you can confirm that it's not AutoIt's fault by using the command line and re-directing output to a file when using the /scroll argument. Even doing that will leave an empty file (IIRC, there is some output, but not the progress percentage). Then when the program is done, poof, magically all the data is there. Without using the /scroll argument, data is written directly to the screenbuffer and not to stdout."

On page 2, a poster confirms that the Windows 7 PE is able to report the progress.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I extracted zip file into system32 folder of my WinPe and started imagex.hta.

I tried both 7.1 and 9.0 versions and got the same error from HTA:

Object Required:'ObjWIM"

for version 7.1 in line 222

for 9.0 in line 205

Digging the thread I understood there is no DLL to register now.

If anybody already bumped to this?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I extracted zip file into system32 folder of my WinPe and started imagex.hta.

I tried both 7.1 and 9.0 versions and got the same error from HTA:

Object Required:'ObjWIM"

for version 7.1 in line 222

for 9.0 in line 205

Digging the thread I understood there is no DLL to register now.

If anybody already bumped to this?

Thanks!

You need to register the DLL in the 7.1 version. V9.0 and 9.1 never fully passed development stage and should be considered alpha or beta versions. I have never gotten 9.x to work properly and still use a 7.1. Make sure your PE is using the HTA, Scripting and XML packages at the minimum. Also this works with WinPE 2.x x86, I have not seen or tested it in WinPE 2.x x64, or either build of WinPE 3.0.

• 1 month later...

Hi friends, may be i come a little late to this post but i still have the same problem with the error Object Required:'ObjWIM" for version 7.1 in line 222 i try to register the wimgapi.dll over my winpe but after the command regsvr32.exe wimgapi.dll i recive the following error :

"The Module e:\wimgapi.dll was loaded but the entry-post DllRegisterServer was no found."

"Make sure that wimgapi.dll is a valid dll or ocx file and try again"

What is my mistake?

thanks Guys

King Regards

Hi friends, may be i come a little late to this post but i still have the same problem with the error Object Required:'ObjWIM" for version 7.1 in line 222 i try to register the wimgapi.dll over my winpe but after the command regsvr32.exe wimgapi.dll i recive the following error :

"The Module e:\wimgapi.dll was loaded but the entry-post DllRegisterServer was no found."

"Make sure that wimgapi.dll is a valid dll or ocx file and try again"

What is my mistake?

thanks Guys

King Regards

regsvr32 /s misc/gimagex_com.dll

Hi Guys, good day, i have another question, i hope all off you culd help me,

everithing is ok but i can´t see the description of the wim, i can chose a Wim but the hta dont display the list of the append image inside the wim. i got all packages of wimpe installed.

Some suggest

• 3 weeks later...

I installed version 71 and the GUI seems to mostly function, but I am having trouble getting the window and image to fit the screen. It looks like several changes would be needed to get this to work -- at least altering the css and changing the background image size.

On another note, I found this HTA designed for Ghost project first and really liked that it loads a text file with the image details when you select an image radio button. Is this something that I can do with this HTA?

Thanks.

I am testing this on Win PE 3.0 for Windows 7 imaging.

I got SETRES working. Now, when I have a file selected on my image server, it lists the file name in the pull down menu, then under "Select Image to Apply:" I see a single radio button with "9630" next to it. I couldn't determine what this was referring to from the code. Any ideas? I have attached a snap.

Also, any progress on v91?

post-256465-1258139779_thumb.jpg

Edited by astrouga

I am testing this on Win PE 3.0 for Windows 7 imaging.

I got SETRES working. Now, when I have a file selected on my image server, it lists the file name in the pull down menu, then under "Select Image to Apply:" I see a single radio button with "9630" next to it. I couldn't determine what this was referring to from the code. Any ideas? I have attached a snap.

Also, any progress on v91?

I can tell by the screenshot that you are using Win PE 3.0.

:whistle:

To resolve your issue, you will need to use the code fix in this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/imagex-hta-win-p...64-t138048.html

As noted in the first post any further development is community based only. v9.1 only removed the DLL requirement, and added the image index to the WIM display list. There was supposed to be a way to browse for a diskpart file but that never happened.

• 3 months later...

Please make your response in the thread Geezery started.

I had this issue too a long time ago!

Add this line to your startnet.cmd before launching the HTA.

regsvr32 /s misc/gimagex_com.dll

See the sample startnet.cmd in this post:

Thanks, I did read that post... We added that line to the startnet.cmd. Still a problem.

Does the whole ImageX folder needed to be included in the boot image? Do I need to include ImageX.exe anywhere?

Thanks for the help.