Giving Your Windows Cosmetic Surgery

hi i got a very strange problem with my bootscreen, when it becomes the bootscreen it is all disfigured in strange colors and the word professional is in the middle of it,, has anyone had this problem before ? and better yet does any one have any klews as how to fix this problem because its very ugly lol,

ok well every body im posting my images on my bootscreen problems to help every one understand what it is and what i should really do about this here is what my boot screen should look like and it does look like this when i use a program like bootxp..

ive checked the picture, its already at 256 for color and the file size is 150kb and its a saved bmp image, so im so clueless as to what this problem could be,,, how come i can get this very same image to work in bootxp and not in my kernal... why is it really like this, does any one have any ideal... this one is puzzling me , this is pretty much the last main thing i have left on my disk to fix everything else works perfect now ...

if any body has any ideals please try your best to help me out on this thing

its because the colors in the kernel don't match those of your picture.

first off, Colors in the picture should be 16bit, and not 256.

second, you need to either use the SAME colors as the original XP logo image, or replace the current ones that match yours.

use a program called boot editor.

this may save you some trouble.

this can replace the palette as well as give you a good idea what it will look like. Quite easy to use.

You may wish to use this before going to 16bit colors, just incase it comes out satisfactory.

(Link to Boot Editor)

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/9/13-9-1.shtml

(Homepage for Boot Editor)

http://www.belchfire.net/~userxp/indexbe.htm

hey Alanoll, your exactly right, thank you so much for your help, you are so helpful :), i understand now why the bootscreen worked with bpptxp, bootxp changed the default color palette also,

alanoll ive tried both of your links and ive done a full days search on that tool in google now and i cant find it,, the creators links are down right now, ill keep trying but do you know of any where else i can get a copy of the boot editor ?

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/9/13-9-1.shtml

that seems to work fine for me. the page looks like my attachment.

just in case, I believe this would give you a direct link to the download. Click the second option...."Download Metropolitan " as thef irst one didn't work for me.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/scripts/downloadhero/13-9-1/

Edited by Alanoll

• 2 weeks later...
For instance I hope you all are running a lejit copy of windows beacuse if you aren't in about 6 months to a year you are going to hate life. Well you will hate it if you love windows. This is going to be so bad. If you love windows you will go buy a copy but you will loose all your data on your hard drive.

??What is this supposed to mean?? :)

It kinda sounds like you are insinuating that you have some "inside" information that non-legit copies of xp are gonna crash hard drives?

For instance I hope you all are running a lejit copy of windows beacuse if you aren't in about 6 months to a year you are going to hate life. Well you will hate it if you love windows. This is going to be so bad. If you love windows you will go buy a copy but you will loose all your data on your hard drive.

??What is this supposed to mean?? :rolleyes:

It kinda sounds like you are insinuating that you have some "inside" information that non-legit copies of xp are gonna crash hard drives?

Yeah, I read that too...

Can you inform us.... :)

In 6 months from today a virus will be unleased called the gosh virus. It will change your wallpaper to the picture on my site, and rename every file on your computer to goshxxx.xxx. Your computer will also silently come to this site and start fights with other people.

-gosh